Fractal Audio Systems
The FX8 is a new multi-effects pedalboard designed to deliver Fractal’s signature quality without compromise in an effects-only floor unit. FX8 runs up to eight simultaneous effects using the state-of-the-art algorithms made famous in the Axe-Fx II line of processors. It features a rugged steel chassis with aircraft aluminum end-panels, convenient top handle, eleven quiet, durable solid state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail, 27 LEDs in three colors, five knobs beneath a bright display, Humbuster™ outputs to eliminate hum due to ground loops (when used with Humbuster™ cables), dual TRS relays for amp switching, two switch/expression pedal jacks, USB, MIDI and more. The unit is designed for unity gain and offers true bypass. Above all, it features an extremely high quality signal path to deliver ultra-low noise and pristine sound quality. In other words, “no tone suck!”
Onboard preset memories let you create 128 totally different pedalboards. Every effect in every preset can be run in series or parallel. Using the optional “four cable” setup, you can place each effect “PRE” (between guitar and amp, where pedals go) or “POST” (in the amp’s send/return loop, where rack effects are typically placed).
Use Stompbox Mode on the FX8 for traditional effect “tap dance” switching, or leverage the eight SCENES in each preset to engage pre-defined effect groups from a single switch. Many effects also offer “XY” switching, which gives them two completely different sound settings: imagine dialing in a single drive pedal with both “Overdrive” and “Fuzz” channels, or a reverb with foot-selectable “spring” and “hall” sounds.
The fantastically flexible modifier system enables easy real-time sound changes. You can plug two expression pedals (like the forthcoming Fractal EV-1!) into the onboard jacks to control Wah, Whammy, Volume, or virtually anything else, and utilize MIDI or onboard controllers for automated dynamic effects. A precision tuner, two global equalizers and a dedicated, global 4-minute stereo Looper are also built-in.
FX8-EDIT, a full-featured software editor, is also included free. In the tradition of all Fractal Audio Systems products, the FX8 is fully compatible with Fractal-Bot for preset sharing, easy backup and restore, plus firmware updates as new features are added.
- FX8 is an advanced multi-effects processor, perfect for guitar, bass, and other instruments.
- “Built Like a Tank” with a powder-coated steel chassis and aircraft aluminum end panels.
- Eleven quiet, durable solid state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail. 27 LEDs!
- Two onboard TRS RELAYS to control your amp’s channel or effect switching.
- Two onboard PEDAL jacks to connect footswitches or expression pedals.
- FX8 can control or respond to other MIDI gear in your rig with MIDI IN and OUT/THRU ports.
- Easy-to-use with a 160×80px display, 6 buttons, 5 knobs, and minimal menu diving.
- 128 PRESETS allow you to create 128 completely different pedalboards.
- Up to eight simultaneous effects per preset, with state-of-the-art “Fractal-quality” algorithms.
- Each effect can be configured as desired: Pre/Post, Series/Parallel.
- “Stompbox Mode” provides traditional ON/OFF switching, plus XY switching (with press & hold).
- “XY” gives many effects two completely different sets of settings for maximum sonic flexibility.
- Eight SCENES/preset allow you to load effect ON/OFF and X/Y “combos” (plus relays and MIDI.)
- “Modifiers” allow real-time control of many parameters via MIDI, pedals, or controllers.
- Designed for UNITY GAIN (both PRE and POST) and featuring TRUE BYPASS.
- High quality converters deliver ultra-low noise and pristine audio. No tone suck!
- Humbuster™ outputs help defeat ground hum (when used with Humbuster™ Cables).
- Built-in global IN and OUT VOLUME (pedal-assignable) & dual global 10-band Graphic EQ.
- Every preset includes a built-in dedicated global 4-MINUTE LOOPER (8m in mono)
- USB for connection to a Mac or PC for easy editing, backup/restore, and firmware updates.
- FX8-Edit, a free editor/librarian, gives user-friendly access to all sound settings.
- And more! Upgradeable firmware means the FX8 will get updates and new features.
- (2015-07-15) Quilter MicroPro Mach 2 and Fractal FX8 by dognmoon
- (2015-07-15) Fractal fx8 delay fun by dognmoon
- (2015-07-15) Fractal fx8 drive sounds by dognmoon
- (2015-09-14) FAS: FX8 Multi-Effects Pedalboard (as stomp box) - Demo - Laney VH100R by Burgerman666
- (2015-09-14) FAS: FX8 with Palmer FAB5 5W Amp - Demo by Burgerman666
- (2015-10-23) Fractal Audio FX8 Multi FX Processor, demo by Pete Thorn by Pete Thorn
- (2016-01-15) Fractal Audio FX8 Multi Effects | Review by iguitarmag
- (2016-11-26) Fractal Audio Systems FX8 Demo by Fernando Gabriel