Paradox TZF2 is an analog through-zero-flanger geared towards live performance. Organic time-based modulation with interactive sweep control and warm analog processing produce flanging sounds that you’ve heard in recordings and in nature but have never been able to recreate.
Paradox TZF2 is an updated version of the original FOXROX PARADOX TZF, which was in production between 2002 and 2006. The original Paradox TZF was the very first flanger pedal capable of achieving a through-zero sweep. Since its inception, it has been considered by many to be the finest flanger ever created. Paradox TZF2 is a smaller, slimmed down version of the original Paradox TZF design. Some features were taken away and replaced with features geared towards live performance. These include Envelope control and Ramping for speed and flange point, along with a wide range LFO. Both Positive and Negative mixing is available for creating the through-zero sweep in all its glory.
- Volume - Various flanging settings can cause a drop or boost in volume. The Volume control makes it easy to get the right level and there is plenty of available boost.
- Flange Mix - Control how subtle or intense you want the effect to be. All the way down for no effect, all the way up for maximum effect.
- Width - Control how wide you want the LFO sweep to be. All the way down for no sweep.
- Manual - Manually sweep through the flanging spectrum. Use it to control the LFO sweep when Width is not at max. Also used to set the lowest flange point when using the Manual ramping and Envelope control.
- Speed - Control how fast the sweep is. At the slowest setting the speed gets extremely slow - over 4 minutes for a single cycle! Controls the slowest setting when using the Speed ramping feature.
- Speed LED - Green LED varies in brightness to indicate LFO speed.
- Envelope - Use the dynamics of the input signal to control flange point. This feature requires special care to the get the best results, but it's well worth it.
- Ramp selector switch - Select between Speed ramping and Manual ramping.
- Speed Ramping: Step on the momentary Ramp switch and the LFO quickly speeds up to the maximum speed. Release the Ramp switch and it slowly ramps back down to the speed selected by the Speed control.
- Manual Ramping: Step on the Ramp switch and the flange point quickly rises to its maximum setting. Release and it slowly returns to the setting selected by the Manual control.
Voltage Requirement (Power Adaptor Sold Separately): Foxrox offers an 18V DC POWER ADAPTOR, which is available on this site. If you prefer to purchase an adaptor on your own, the Dunlop ECB-004 is a very common 18V DC adaptor.
The new batch has two exciting changes:
- Color: The color for the first batch - about 100 units - was Concord Grape. The new batch is Purple-Violet. They look great!
- Vibrato: The Polarity switch now has a Center position. Select it and you get a warm pitch vibrato. Speed ramping sounds great with vibrato!
Note: If you have a first-batch TZF2, you can trick it to get vibrato by balancing the polarity switch in the middle.
- (2015-07-22) TZF2 Ten minutes of noodling by Foxrox
- (2015-07-23) Foxrox Paradox TZF2 First sample clips by Foxrox
- (2015-09-09) Foxrox Paradox TZF2 by HigherLandrons
- (2015-09-29) Foxrox Paradox TZF2 - Clean by Shredus Studios
- (2016-03-02) FoxRox - Paradox TZF2 (Through-Zero Flanger) Full Demo by Sean Gibson
- (2016-08-25) Foxrox Electronics PARADOX TZF2 Guitar Flanger Pedal by MusicToyz