Fender EFX series
The Pugilist Distortion features a dual circuit design that can provide a huge range of distortion tones, from light breakup through to fully-encompassing saturation.
The two circuits can be run independently and blended together, or cascaded (one running into the other) which can provide a thick saturation and a high degree of interactivity.
Each of the Pugilist's distortion circuits features tone and gain control to let you shape your sound to how you desire. The circuits can be operated in blend mode, which runs them in parallel and means you can blend both sounds together for an incredible amount of diversity. This mode is fantastic for achieving a nuanced distortion tone for riffing and complex chordal work.
In the Pugilist's Series Mode, the two distortion circuits are cascaded, and this has the effect of letting circuit A become a 'boost' into circuit 'B'. This mode lets you achieve a full-on saturation with thick sustain and dynamic articulation that is ideal for crushing rhythm sounds and liquid smooth lead guitar playing. A bass boost also lets you achieve a thick low-end response.
The Pugilist has a rugged and lightweight aluminium chassis with a brushed metal finish. This gives it both read-ready durability and a classy-aesthetic that can take pride-of-place on your pedalboard. The pedal is built by Fender who have a multitude of experience in amplifier design and you can be sure that this pedal will last a lifetime of gigging, rehearsing and recording.
Magnetic Battery Door & Jewel Light
The jewel LED light not only looks great, it also adds a handy on-stage visual indicator of the pedal's operation. The pedal has a clever battery compartment door; it has a magnetic latch which means you can easily change the battery with no fiddly screws to worry about.
This is a thoroughly professional pedal - both in tone and appearance - and would make a welcome addition to your pedalboard.
- Dual circuit distortion pedal
- Dual circuits can be cascaded for thick saturation with great versatility
- Bass boost to bring back the low-end
- Series/blend lets you control the two circuits (parallel or series operation)
- Dual tone controls
- A very versatile pedal, with great interactivity between the two circuits
- Rugged anodized aluminium construction
- Classy brushed finish and jewel light
- Battery door with magnetic latching opening (no screws needed)
- Powered by 9V battery or DC
- Effect Type: Distortion
- Controls: Tone A, Drive A, Tone B, Drive B, Blend (A/B), Blend/Series Toggle, Bass Boost Toggle (On/Off), Output Level, Bypass Footswitch
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4'' Instrument
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4'' Instrument
- Power Requirements: 9-Volt Battery or DC Negative AC Adaptor
- Power Consumption: 22mA
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Material: Anodized Aluminium
- Colour: Gold
- (2018-01-26) Pugilist Distortion - Fender Booth 2018 NAMM by 60 Cycle Hum
- (2018-01-29) NAMM 2018: Fender Buffer, Bends, Pugilist, Mirror Image, und Marine Layer E-Gitarren Effekt-Pedale by SessionMusicTV
- (2018-02-14) Fender Pugilist Distortion Pedal by GuitarCenterTV
- (2018-02-27) Fender Pugilist Distortion Effects Pedal by Musiciansfriend
- (2018-03-07) Fender Pugilist Distortion pedal demo with humbuckers and Princeton Reverb by Gearmanndude
- (2018-03-12) Fender Pugilist Distortion Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2018-03-13) The Pugilist Distortion | Effect Pedals | Fender by Fender
- (2018-03-13) Let's screw with the PUGILIST and MIRROR IMAGE pedals by Fender by Andy Othling
- (2018-03-20) Fender / PUGILIST DISTORTION?MARINE LAYER REVERB?????????????????? by digimartnet
- (2018-03-21) FENDER PUGILIST DISTORTION ??????????ISHIBASHI UMEDA Fender Pedal Spot ! ???2?? by Ishibashi
- (2018-04-14) The Fender Pugilist Distortion Pedal Review by intheblues
- (2018-04-27) Fender - Pugilist Distortion by Woodbrass
- (2018-05-03) Fender Pugilist Distortion - Review & Demo by Nevada Music UK
- (2018-05-08) Pedals and Effects: Fender Pugilist by PedalsAndEffects