Fender EFX series
Buffer and Level Matching
The Fender Level Set Buffer Pedal does not create any 'sound' as such, but it does solve two important problems with guitarists' rigs:
- When using long cable runs or multiple pedals, signal can be sapped, and the upper frequencies can be lost along with the natural dynamic playing response.
- When switching guitars, levels can become miss-matched and the gain levels that you have set up on your pedals and amplifiers may be suddenly incorrect.
The Level Set Buffer solves both problems.
The Level Set Buffer creates a buffered signal and features a high-frequency control to bring back those missing treble frequencies in your tone. It also has a 'load' control to match your signal perfectly.
The Level Set Buffer also has a level control to match the signal difference when switching guitars; one example is when switching from humbuckers to single coils. This level control lets you maintain your gain levels without having to make adjustments after changing guitars; ideal for musicians playing live or for guitarists who like to maintain a predictable setup.
The Level Set Buffer has a tuner out for an independent tuner signal. The main footswitch acts as a mute and is a very handy tool for live players, letting them tune silently or switch guitars on-the-go.
The Level Set Buffer has a rugged and lightweight aluminium chassis with a brushed metal finish. This gives it both read-ready durability and a classy-aesthetic that can take pride-of-place on your pedalboard. The pedal is built by Fender who have a multitude of experience in amplifier design and you can be sure that this pedal will last a lifetime of gigging, rehearsing and recording.
Magnetic Battery Door & Jewel Light
The jewel LED light not only looks great, it also adds a handy on-stage visual indicator of the pedal's operation. The pedal has a clever battery compartment door; it has a magnetic latch which means you can easily change the battery with no fiddly screws to worry about.
This is a thoroughly professional pedal - both in tone and appearance - and would make a welcome addition to your pedalboard.
- Provides a balanced tone for pedalboards, long cable runs, and solves the problem of changing guitars
- Low and hi-frequency adjustment to match your instrument and overall tone
- Load switch to adjust signal
- Main footswitch acts as a mute
- Tuner output for independent tuning
- Enables you to switch guitars and balance your settings
- Rugged anodized aluminium construction
- Classy brushed finish and jewel light
- Battery door with magnetic latching opening (no screws needed)
- Powered by 9V battery or DC
- Effect Type: Buffer
- Controls: Output Level, Hi-Freq Trim, Load Toggle (On/Off), Mute Footswitch
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4'' Instrument
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4'' Instrument, 1 x 1/4'' Tuner Output
- Power Requirements: 9-Volt Battery or DC Negative AC Adaptor
- Power Consumption: 14mA
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Material: Anodized Aluminium
- Colour: Silver
- (2018-02-14) Fender Level Set Buffer Pedal by GuitarCenterTV
- (2018-02-28) Fender Level Set Buffer Effects Pedal by Musiciansfriend
- (2018-03-19) The Level Set Buffer | Effect Pedals | Fender by Fender
- (2018-03-22) Fender Level Set Buffer Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2018-04-27) Fender - Level Set Buffer by Woodbrass
- (2018-05-03) Fender Level Set Buffer - Review & Demo | New 2018 Fender Pedals by Nevada Music UK
- (2018-05-14) Fender Level Set Buffer pedal review - Why Buffers are Good by ilovenoise