Ernie Ball (press release January 21, 2016)
Ernie Ball Introduces Overdrive and Ambient Delay Expression Effects Pedals
New Ernie Ball effects pedals offer dynamic foot-control giving players more sonic expression than traditional stomp pedals.
(The NAMM Show, Anaheim, CA – January 21, 2016) – Ernie Ball (Booth 5440, Hall B), the world's premier manufacturer of guitar strings, musical instrument accessories and volume pedals, announces the introduction of their new Expression Series effects pedals at NAMM 2016. The new Expression Overdrive and Ambient Delay hybrid pedals for guitar and bass allow on-the-fly, dynamic foot-control, giving players more sonic expression than traditional stomp pedals in a road-worthy metal construction.
Ernie Ball’s Expression Overdrive and Ambient Delay pedals also come equipped with Ernie Ball’s newly engineered ultra-durable PVC-coated Kevlar cord and spring linkage for dependable performance under the most punishing conditions of professional use. The new design replaces the traditional Vectran string in the Ernie Ball VP and VPJR series.
The Ernie Ball Expression Overdrive delivers everything from a hint of natural tube-amp-like overdrive and rhythm crunch to searing lead tones. It features settings for drive, boost and tone, with a foot-sweepable overdrive control, making it effortless to go from clean to roaring all-out growl and everything in between.
The Expression Series Ambient Delay hybrid provides 50 to 750 milliseconds of delay time layered with reverb, for everything from slap-back to extended repeats. It features settings for delay time and feedback, reverb level, with a foot-sweepable effect level control to integrate anything from subtle textures to ambient soundscapes.
Both units come with a power supply, and are finished in polished gold and rose gold aluminum casings.
The Ernie Ball Expression Overdrive will be available Q2 2016, at $179.99 SRP/MAP.
The Expression Ambient Delay will be available Q2 2016, at $199.99 SRP/MAP.
- (2016-01-22) NAMM 2016 - Ernie Ball Expression Overdrive and Delay by guitarworld
- (2016-01-23) You guys wanted to hear how our new Expression Pedals sounded, so here's a clip of our Expression Pedal demo session. by Ernie Ball
- (2016-09-07) Introducing The Ernie Ball Expression Pedals Series (Ilan Rubin Demo) by Ernie Ball
- (2016-09-23) Ernie Ball Ambient Delay & Expression Overdrive Pedals by GuitarCenterTV
- (2016-09-23) Ernie Ball Expression Series Overdrive demo by Lance Seymour - Gear Talk by GearTalkChannel
- (2016-10-07) ERNIE BALL EXPRESSION OVERDRIVE 4 by Woodbrass
- (2016-10-07) ERNIE BALL EXPRESSION OVERDRIVE 3 by Woodbrass
- (2016-10-07) ERNIE BALL EXPRESSION OVERDRIVE 2 by Woodbrass
- (2016-10-07) ERNIE BALL EXPRESSION OVERDRIVE 1 by Woodbrass