- Rate/Ratio (tap tempo)
- Tap Tempo/Normal/Two Speed (toggle switch)
- Triangle/Tube/Square (toggle switch)
- Tap (footswitch)
- Bypass (footswitch)
The Empress Tap Tremolo is an original design built from the ground up to include innovative features without sacrificing tone. The audio signal path is analog, but the tremolo effect is controlled digitally via opto technology.
- Pristine Sound - The Empress Tremolo has to be heard to be believed. It's whisper quiet and free from the "LFO throb" usually associated with tremolos. We dare anyone to find a better sounding tremolo.
- Waveform Selection - You can modulate your sound with three different waveforms. An asymmetrical tremolo was modelled after a '65 Fender Vibrolux (brown face) to give you the fullest tremolo sound possible. A square wave can be utilized if you're after a harder sound. And if you're looking for a more normal tremolo, you can use the triangle wave setting.
- Tap Tempo - The Empress Trem averages your last four taps so it plays in sync with your music. You can also choose different tap to tremolo rate ratios. 1:1, 1:2, and 1:4 are available.
- Two Speed Mode - An exclusive feature to the Empress Trem. You're able to set two different rates, and switch between them using the tap tempo stompswitch. This is similar to playing through a Leslie cabinet and changing the speed.
- Rhythms - Another exclusive feature. The Empress Trem will definiately do your run-of-the-mill tremolo sound to a tee. But you can also set it to play different rhythms. Check out the soundclips for examples.
- Gain - A problem with most tremolos on the market is that when they're engaged, you hear a noticeable drop in volume. The Empress Trem solves this by having a gain stage on the output. It's able to deliver up to 6dB of gain without adding any distortion to the signal.
- True Bypass - The Empress Trem employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Perfect Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- (2008-08-13) Empress Tremolo Demo by Tone Factor
- (2010-03-16) Empress Tap Tempo Tremolo by GuitarGearComMx
- (2010-07-04) Empress Effects Tap Tempo Tremolo demo by MusicGearFast.com by MusicGearFast
- (2010-07-08) Empress Tremolo Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2010-07-08) Empress Effects Tremolo by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2010-10-17) Empress - Tremolo by Kayzer
- (2011-01-08) Empress Effects Tremolo Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2011-06-14) Empress Effects Tremolo by Mike Hermans
- (2012-05-29) Strymon Timeline - FX LOOP - Empress Tremolo by Kayzer
- (2016-01-24) Just finished a custom tap tempo controller. This one is unique in the fact that one of the outputs is latching to control the Empress Tremolo's rate. by DS Guitar Engineering
- EffectsDatabase (by LordRiffenstein)