Empress Effects (press release, July 11, 2013)
OTTAWA — July 10, 2013 — This weekend, at the Summer NAMM show in Nashville, Canada's Empress Effects will be unveiling their first offering into the high-gain pedal market. The aptly named Heavy offers up 2 channel of high-gain distortion: heavy and heavier. In keeping with Empress' design philosophy, this pedal is packed full of controls and features. The innovative weight knob adds a new level of control, allowing the user to adjust the character of the low end. This, combined with 3 bands of EQ, makes the Heavy a very powerful tool for tailoring your sound.
Another feature sure to be attracting attention is the selection of gates available on each channel. The natural setting allows the full range of styles to shine through, allowing notes to sustain without cutting out and keeping attack transients sounding natural. The Aggressive setting is great for tight punchy playing and fast starts and stops. Even with the gates off, this pedal is exceptionally quiet.
You'll find a huge range of killer high-gain tones in the Heavy. From crisp, mid-driven 80's metal, to scooped, modern down-tuned brutality, this little box of sonic mayhem does it all. The two independent channels can be voiced similarly so that one channel can be used as a solo boost, or they can be voiced entirely differently by using the mid range control in conjunction with the 3 position mid frequency select switch.
The first units should begin shipping late this summer.
- (2013-07-13) Summer NAMM 2013 ? Empress Effects Heavy Distortion by Crxshdxmmy
- (2013-07-29) Empress Effects Heavy by Empress Effects
- (2013-08-05) Summer NAMM '13 - Empress Effects Heavy & Nebulus Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-09-01) Empress Effects - Heavy by Kayzer
- (2013-09-03) Empress Effects Heavy Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2013-09-09) Mix Breakdown - Empress Effects Heavy in the studio by Empress Effects
- (2013-12-14) Empress Effects Heavy Multidrive by Prymaxe
- (2014-08-18) Empress Effects Heavy by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-12-17) Empress Effects Heavy Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2015-08-20) Empress Effects Heavy | brutal dual-channel distortion by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2015-08-25) Empress Effects: HEAVY Distortion with Tape Delay - ESP Stef T7 & Carl Martin Custom 50 Combo by Burgerman666
- (2015-12-03) Empress Effects Heavy Dual-Channel Distortion - DEMO by vhtargino
- (2017-01-24) Empress Heavy ???? by Ishibashi
- (2018-01-21) empress HEAVY by Ishibashi
- (2018-02-22) Distortion Ltd. In Focus: Empress Effects Heavy by Distortion LTD