Effects pedals were not commonly used with bass until recently. But if they were, this would be the most popular bass pedal back in 70s. CrossDrive (formerly known as FaceDrive during the prototyping stage) has that presumed vintage quality of the limited bandwidth of older equipments, often referred to as being warm. Being a crossover between the two most popular fuzz pedals of all times, it resembles both of them: The smooth response and the rich attack made popular by the later infamous unit (especially among bassists) as well as the intensity and touch sensitivity of the original one.
Getting a good tone out of this pedal is not a rocket science. Set the DRIVE knob to your preference and then adjust the VOLUME so that the wet signal is a little louder than the dry signal. Drive knob controls both gain (total fuzz amount) and texture (total fuzz intensity), which makes it partially accountable for the versatility of this two-knob pedal. High drive settings can be used for tamed, smooth classical fuzz sound; while low to mid drive settings give you the hints of the fuzzified signal.
Thanks to the input transformer*, it works well both with active and passive instruments.
- Classic Bass Fuzz Effects Pedal
- Volume and Drive (gain) controls
- Input transformer allows it to be used both with active and passive basses
- Takes a 9V Battery (included) or a 9VDc stompbox power supply
- Reliable and sturdy full metal construction
- Heavy duty true bypass switch
- Exclusive low current ultra bright blue status LED
- 1/4″ female output, 1/4″ female input jack (Input jack acts as an on-off switch for the battery)