Electronic Audio Experiments
Named for its cascading stages of FET mu amps, the Âµ Blaster serves to do one thing - slam the input of an amplifier. By converting an incoming 9V power supply to about 27V, this boost/overdrive offers far more headroom than other comparable pedals. The end result is a pedal which has a character of its own, but operates like an extension of your amp.
- Volume - self-explanatory, can deliver a massive output. Use judiciously, as high levels can damage certain input stages!
- Boost - adds additional saturation and presence. Counterclockwise is clean and relatively dark, while clockwise is brighter and moderately driven.
- Filter - simple low-pass filter at the output. Useful for taming harmonic content from high Boost settings.
- Depth - active bass control. Lower settings produce Rangemaster-like tones with lots of chime, while higher settings allow a huge amount of bass through. At max depth and boost settings, there is an additional frequency boost in the 50-100Hz range, right in the fundamental for heavier styles.
Additional features include true bypass switching, top jacks, and a standard 9V DC center negative power jack.
All Âµ Blasters come with the standard limited warranty.
- Version 2 (November 2016, current)
- Layout updated for 125B enclosure
- Depth rotary changed to depth pot for continuous rather than discrete control
- Increased usability of filter control
- Version 1 (Spring and Summer 2016)
- Original release with etched enclosures