Electronic Audio Experiments
The Model feT is a transistor-based preamplifier designed around the legendary Sunn Model T amplifier. Those who have played the original know that while it excels at heavy tones when pushed, it is far more just an amp for stoner rock and doom metal. In fact, on its own it is a rather clean amplifier with a tone that is dark, yet clear and present.
Most famous Model T tones come from putting a distortion or fuzz in front of the amp. Thus, the Model feT is designed to sound good on its own and with other pedals stacked into it. This pedal goes beyond the standard triode-to-JFET conversion to deliver massive headroom and volume output, in the true spirit of the amp which inspired it. And finally, the Model feT can be used straight into a power amp, greatly expanding its capabilities beyond that of a typical drive pedal.
- Independent gain controls for the Normal and Brite channels
- 3-band EQ with the same voicing as the original amp
- Master volume
This pedal has the standard I/O complement: true bypass, 9V center negative power, top-mounted jacks.
All Model feT pedals come with the standard warranty.
- Version 2 (November 2016, current)
- Enclosure scaled down to 1590BB from a 1790NS/1590XX size
- New PCB layout
- Internal presence control removed and fixed to optimal value
- Version 1 (January 2016)
- Original release
- (2015-12-17) I think I finally got the kinks worked out of the Model FET! by Electronic Audio Experiments
- (2016-01-15) Model feT riffing by Electronic Audio Experiments
- (2016-01-17) Model feT at full gain into the power section of a V4. Rock and roll. by Electronic Audio Experiments
- (2016-11-26) Reposting a vid from @thefrontroomfuzzlounge Wizard Fuzz into a @electronicaudioexperiments Model FET. by Dunwich Amps
- (2016-12-13) For those of you getting your Model feTs in the mail this week, here's a tip. This is an example of dirt being stacked into the Model feT. While it does work well as a standalone distortion, I think this is my favorite way to use it. In this video I turn by Electronic Audio Experiments
- (2017-02-07) Waiting for a giant MATLAB script to run, so here's the @smallsoundbigsound buzzz with a Model feT. by Electronic Audio Experiments
- (2017-05-25) Finally got my hands on the latest offerings from @snkpedals. This is the ex mortis fuzz with the Model FeT. There's big muff DNA in there somewhere, but it's all thickness with no mud. The Model feT's natural scoop is in just the right place to flatter i by Electronic Audio Experiments