- Mic Gain
- Use the Mic Gain control to set the proper level for your microphone input. Talk into the mic and set the mic gain to where the Optimum LED lights when you talk. Your signal should only clip occassionally. The Formant Input LEDs will also light when a Line Input is used.
- Robot Pitch
- controls the included oscillator to make it easy to get a Vocoder effect without having to supply a synthesizer into the source input. To use this feature, talk into your microphone while having the Mic or Line input selected. Set the Robot pitch to the desired frequency and talk away.
- Formant Input Select
- Mic: Uses the front panel microphone input as the formant source. Line (Ess on): Uses the line input for Formant control. Ess enhances articulation for better intelligibility. This is best for vocal based formant signals.
- Line (Ess off): Best for non-vocal inputs.
- Auto: Routes the source input to the formant input, so that the music is â€˜warpingâ€™ itself.
- Band High/Low: This control has the effect of favoring the upper or lower harmonics of the source. Select "Lowâ€ for Drum and Bass types of sound. Use â€œHighâ€ for keyboard pads and full range source material.
- Gender control
- moves the harmonic content of the formant up or down without affecting the fundamental pitch of the musical source. When using the microphone formant input, the Gender control will make the formants deeper (left) or thinner (right).
- Q control
- controls the width of the Warp filters. Lower settings will smooth the effect out so much that it may not be audible. A higher Q setting will give a much more pronounced â€œtubularâ€ effect. A good place to start is with this control in the far left position.
- sets the resolution of the filter algorithm. Lower Order settings will give a more â€œgranularâ€ Warp effect, especially when combined with higher settings of the Q control. The maximum position (24) offers the highest resolution, (or intelligibility) when speaking into the microphone.
- introduces White Noise. THe Noise is affected by the various Warp settings. This will give things a dirtier, more harsh sound. (And you put all that effort into making your music sound cleaner...). Try adding a small amount of noise while vocoding to make spoken words sound cleaner.
- Freeze Button
- Freezes the formant shape. Itâ€™s like locking the warp filter. This is cool for creating infinite syllables, i.e. â€˜I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuâ€™. Freeze allows you to sing your own filter shape and lock it in. When a formant is frozen, adjustments of the Gender control will sound like a sweeping filter on the signal.
- Source Kill
- if turned to On, the source signal will come out of the WarpFactory only while you are talking into a microphone that is plugged into the Formant mic input. i.e. When you stop talking into the microphone, WarpFactory will go quiet. When the Source Kill is Off, the WarpFactory will switch to the dry signal when the microphone is not in use.
- Effect Mix
- controls the Mix of the Warp effect in relation to the dry signal. 0% is totally dry, or the same as bypassing WarpFactory. 100% is totally wet with none of the dry signal audible.
- to bypass the Warp Effect.
Make any sound speak! Simply plug in a microphone to use the built in oscillator for the classic vocoder voice. Or combine any two signals to create human-like, "intergalactic" sounds.
24 intelligent filter bands deliver incredible sound clarity.
Front panel mic input and built in oscillator equals plug n' play vocoding.
Gender control. Bend from male to female formants without affecting the pitch.
Formant freeze captures the vowel sound so you can sustain your "ooooos, aaaaas, or eeeees" forever.
A Mic bypass path allows you to easily toggle between affected and unaffected vocals.
MIDI in out and thru lets you automate and sequence every single control setting and movement.
Make any sound speak! Simply plug in a microphone to use the built in oscillator for the classic vocoder voice. Or combine any two signals to create human-like, 'intergalactic' sounds.
How about using the WarpFactory to morph a drum machine with a keyboard for intense organic synth rhythms. Combine our built in oscillator with vocals to produce "intergalactic" vocoder voices. Make your own Drum&Bass sounds by using a mic and squelching it through the vocoder.
Make the synthetic sound organic and the organic sound robotic. Experimentation is what it's all about.
"If you're after a vocoder, this is the one to go for. Even if you're not interested, try it and you soon will be." - Future Music: UK, "Platinum Award"
- Feeling misunderstood? 24 intelligent filter bands go beyond the old fixed band vocoders, delivering incredible sound clarity and ease of use.
- MIDI controlled vocoding, so you can automate and sequence every single control setting and movement.
- Plug N' Play Our front panel mic input and built in oscillator equals plug n' play vocoding.
- Looking for a sex change? The Gender control changes the harmonic content of your formant. Bend from male to female without affecting the pitch.
- More Variety. WarpFactory can quickly achieve anything from classic vocoder sounds to warbling organic transformations to voice controlled "Filter" sweeps.
- Ess on and Ess off instantly allows you to have crystal clear sibilance for intelligible vocals or no sibilance at all for a smoother more synthesized sound.
- Out of breath yet? Formant freeze captures the vowel sound so you can sustain your "ooooos, aaaaas, or eeeees" forever.
- Low-pass and high-pass filters optimize the signal for voice or non-voice inputs.
- A Mic bypass on the back panel allows you to toggle between effected and unaffected vocals.