The Turnip Greens is a compact multi-effect pedal combining the award-winning Soul Food Overdrive and Holy Grail Max Reverb. The Soul Food delivers transparent sounds starting with clean boost and progressing all the way to intense overdrive. It’s equally adept at adding punch to a player’s tone, pushing an amp into saturation or in front of other dirt pedals driving them into new worlds of distortion.
The Holy Grail Max provides four carefully crafted reverbs: Spring, Hall, Plate and Reverse. A newly designed analog wet/dry control yields a constant volume curve as the Blend knob is turned from fully dry to fully wet, while also keeping the dry signal analog through the pedal.
The pedal’s left side features the Holy Grail Max’s controls and independent footswitch while the right side is dedicated to the Soul Food’s controls and footswitch.
A toggle effect-order switch, located in the middle of the Turnip Greens, selects whether the overdrive or reverb is first in the effects chain. Send and Return jacks let the player insert effects into the signal path between the two. With the switch to the right the signal chain is Soul Food ? Holy Grail Max which produces a traditional sound familiar to most players. In the left position the signal chain is Holy Grail Max ? Soul Food. Now the reverb is boosted by the overdrive which, when used in conjunction with pedals in the effects loop, can create very lush textures.
The Turnip Greens features an internal switch that lets the player select between true bypass or buffered bypass for the Soul Food section. In true bypass mode, when the Turnip Greens is set to bypass, the input jack is connected directly to the amp jack and nothing else. In buffered bypass mode, the bypass signal passes through a high-quality buffer circuit before it is output from the Amp jack.
The new Turnip Greens comes standard with an EHX 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC Adapter.
- Soul Food goes from clean boost to classic distortion and can easily drive a guitar amp into saturation
- Holy Grail Max delivers four studio quality reverbs: Spring, Hall, Plate and Reverse
- An Effects Loop lets you put a single pedal or your entire pedalboard in between the Soul Food and Holy Grail Max
- An Effect Order toggle switch lets you put either the Soul Food or Holy Grail Max first in the chain
- (2014-09-16) EHX TURNIP GREENS by Electro-Harmonix
- (2014-12-09) Electro Harmonix Turnip Greens Pedal - One for the Blues Cats! by RobChappers
- (2015-04-22) Electro Harmonix Turnip Greens NL by baxshopnl
- (2015-04-22) Review Electro Harmonix Turnip Greens EN by baxshopnl
- (2015-09-20) Electro Harmonix - Turnip Greens - In Depth Review by EytschPi42
- (2015-12-09) EHX Turnip Greens Multi-Effect Pedal by Electro-Harmonix