- Drive (Up/Down)
- selects direction of filter sweep : upwards or downwards.
- Normal mode allows setting the Gain control without changing the output volume.
- Peak (Q on the Mini Q-Tron)
- Determines frequency peak of filter. Makes more "effected sound" when turned up more.
- Functions as both a volume control and a filter sensitivity control in boost mode. In normal mode it acts only as a filter sensitivity control, unlike the Mutron-III which also changes the unit's output volume.
- Range (Hi/Lo)
- Emphasizes vowel like sounds in low position, overtones in high position.
- Mode (LP/BP/HP/Mix)
- Select the filter used by the effect: Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass or a mix of Bandpass with dry unprocessed sound.
- Response (Slow/Fast)
- Selects either a slow, smooth, vowel-like attack or the fast, snappy response of the original Q-Tron.
Same design as the original Q-Tron but with extremely useful Effects Loop and an Attack Response Switch.
The Effects Loop gives the musician the ability to place an additional effect, or chain of effects between the Q-Tron Plus's preamp and filter section without changing the envelope drive. This is particularly important with most distortion devices, as most all do not have much of an amplitude envelope. The FX loop will also fire up your creative juices to try all sorts of combinations in the effects loop: try the Micro POG into a Deluxe Memory Man. You can invent all sorts of novel effects.
The added Response Switch selects between a slow, smooth, vowel-like attack and the fast, snaked response of the original Q-Tron.
- Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron - Envelope Controlled Filter
- Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+ Envelope Filter + FX Loop
- Electro-Harmonix Mini Q-Tron