Electro-Harmonix (press release March 14, 2016)
Electro-Harmonix unveils the Mel9 Tape Replay Machine
—Pioneering polyphonic pedal transforms the sound of your axe and resurrects the sounds of vintage tape-based keyboards—
EHX HQ, New York, NY, March 14th 2016 – Using the same technology that powers the award-winning B9 and C9 Organ Machines, plus the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine, EHX’s new MEL9 Tape Replay Machine emulates classic Mellotron® sounds. Nine of the most distinctive are included: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir.
The MEL9 was designed to work on guitar without any modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs! It will also work with bass down to the open A string as well as keyboards. A rotary switch allows the user to select the sound of their choice. The pedal includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output jack, plus an always-active Dry output jack that outputs your input signal at unity gain.
An Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise, the volume swell time increases and notes fade in gradually. The Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As is it turned clockwise, the fade out time increases.
Electro-Harmonix President and Founder, Mike Matthews, stated: “The distinctive sound of those early polyphonic tape replay keyboards has become part of the fabric of modern music. Our new MEL9 provides guitarists and other musicians with a portable, practical and affordable way to emulate some of those amazing sounds.”
The MEL9 Tape Replay Machine comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC 200mA power supply, is available now and features a U.S. List Price of $295.10
The polyphonic MEL9 uses the same extraordinary technology as the B9, C9 and KEY9 to transform your axe and resurrect the sound of vintage tape-based keyboards.
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron® sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down do the open A string as well as keyboards
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
- (2016-03-14) Electro-Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-03-14) The MEL9 Tape Replay Machine emulates vintage Mellotron® sounds and uses the same ground breaking technology that powers the award-winning B9 and C9 Organ Machines. Nine of the most famous sounds are included: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, S by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-03-25) The debut of the Mel 9 by Electro Harmonix with our guy Stephen. by Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
- (2016-04-05) We just can't get enough of the new Electro-Harmonix MEL9! by Sam Ash
- (2016-04-14) Electro Harmonix Mel9 Tape Replay Machine - Prolight+Sound by baxshopnl
- (2016-04-15) Electro Harmonix Mel9 Demo - Turn Your Guitar Into a Mellotron! by StompboxTV
- (2016-05-09) Electro Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine?????? ?????? by Ishibashi
- (2016-05-16) Electro-Harmonix Mel9 Tape Replay Pedal by reverbmarket
- (2016-05-17) Electro-Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine | Guitar Pedal | Vintage King by vintagekingproaudio
- (2016-06-17) Emulate a choir with the Electro-Harmonix MEL9 pedal! Discover more: http://bit.ly/EHX-MEL9 by Gear4music
- (2016-06-24) Electro Harmonix Mel9 at Summer NAMM 2016 by shnobel
- (2016-07-01) Electro Harmonix Mel9 | Review by iguitarmag
- (2016-07-04) EHX electro-harmonix Mel 9 Demo by David Curtis
- (2016-07-12) SNAMM '16 - Electro-Harmonix Mel9 Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2016-08-09) Electro-Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine Pedal Review by Sweetwater Sound
- (2017-03-01) Electro Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine Guitar Effects Pedal Overview by Sam Ash
- (2017-04-27) The EHX MEL9 is magic in the hands of Markus Jagger at Roxor Rockstore Wolfsberg. Learn more » www.ehx.com/products/mel9 by Electro-Harmonix
- (2017-05-07) Noveller #Repost @lipstate with @repostapp ??? Composed entirely on the @squierguitar bass VI using the @way.huge.electronics Saucy Box, @ehx Mel9 & Synth9, Pitchfork, @spruceeffects Sub-Tropic Phase, and @drnoeffects Raven. Laying down the final riff fo by Dr. No