Electro-Harmonix press release
ELECTRO-HARMONIX UNVEILS THE EPITOME MULTI-EFFECT
WINTER NAMM, ANAHEIM, January 24, 2013 – EHX is pushing the boundaries of multi-effects with the new Epitome that delivers three of the most popular effects from three of their best selling products, in one compact pedal. The polyphonic Micro POG provides octaves above and below an instrument’s pitch. The Stereo Electric Mistress adds EHX’s signature flanging and chorus, while the Holy Grail Plus lets the user choose from a selection of high quality reverbs.
Though designed to work together, the effects in the Epitome can also be used independently with individual footswitches for each. Dedicated, straight forward controls for all parameters mean there is no need to scroll through setting menus.
The Micro POG, which is first in the effects chain, features controls for Dry, Octave Up and Sub Octave. A Rate knob in the Stereo Electric Mistress section controls the master modulation speed while the Flanger and Chorus knobs control the depth of those effects. An LED pulsates to visually represent the Rate.
The Holy Grail Plus ends the chain and provides Spring, Hall or Room reverb, as well Flerb (flanging plus reverb), selectable with a four-position switch. Blend controls the mix of dry and wet signal. The Amount control affects different parameters depending on the reverb type chosen. With Hall and Spring it controls reverb time and in the Room setting it controls damping. When Flerb is selected Amount controls the modulation rate. The Shimmer pushbutton re-routes the effects so that the Stereo Electric Mistress is at the end of the chain and the Holy Grail Plus only affects the Micro POG’s octaves. Shimmer also transforms the Grail into a digital delay with the POG in its feedback path when the Flerb mode is selected. In that mode, the Amount knob controls delay time.
The Epitome will be available in late January, comes equipped with a 9.6V AC-DC Adaptor and carries a U.S. List Price of $491.84.
- (2013-01-26) [NAMM] Electro-Harmonix new pedals : 8 Step Program, 45 000, Epitome, Hog 2 and RTG by Audiofanzine
- (2013-01-27) NAMM 2013: Electro Harmonix Epitome by baxshopnl
- (2013-02-04) WNAMM13: Electro Harmonix Pedal Roundup - Video by sonicstate
- (2013-02-04) NAMM '13 - Electro-Harmonix Epitome, HOG2 Octave Generator, 45000 Looper, 8 Step Program Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-02-09) NAMM 2013 - Electro-Harmonix Epitome by EffectsDatabase
- (2013-03-11) Electro-Harmonix Epitome Pedal Demo by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-04-08) EHX - Epitome - DEMO - THE SKINNY - Guitar Pedal Expo 2013 by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-04-16) Review and Demo on the EHX Epitome Pedal by guitarmusecom
- (2013-04-17) Musikmesse 2013 News: Electro Harmonix Epitome by musikmachenDE
- (2013-04-24) Electro-Harmonix Epitome by Prymaxe
- (2013-04-30) UNBOXING: Electro-Harmonix Epitome Pedal by GuitarPlayer
- (2013-06-13) ??????New Gear Showcase?Electro-Harmonix / EPITOME by digimartnet
- (2013-10-22) Electro Harmonix Epitome by johngorbe
- (2014-02-04) Electro-Harmonix Epitome Demo by Effects Bay
- (2015-01-20) Electro-Harmonix Epitome Multi-effects Pedal Review by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-06-25) EHX Epitome - All effects engaged and live tweaked. (DeArmond M-75T through a Vox Pathfinder.) by Premier Guitar
- (2013-06-25) EHX Epitome - Each effect is engaged separately and tweaked. ('65 Fender Twin Reverb RI with Fender Jaguar.) by Premier Guitar
- (2013-06-25) EHX Epitome - Flerb Delay engaged with a hint of Octave Up trails. (DeArmond M-75T through a Vox Pathfinder.) by Premier Guitar
- (2014-02-04) Electro-Harmonix Epitome Demo by EffectsBay