Electro-Harmonix EHX-Tortion - JFet Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix EHX Tortion JFET Overdrive and Preamp Pedal
EHX Tortion covers vast tonal real estate and redefines versatility. Like a database of great tone, the EHX Tortion’s full complement of features and controls make dialing in inspired guitar sound intuitive. Whatever the era, from vintage to modern, your search for the ultimate tone has ended.
- JFET overdrive for tube-like response and tone.
- Boost switch with independent Volume and Gain for two-channel flexibility.
- 4-way Pre-Gain selector, plus Treble, Middle and Bass for complete sound control.
- Use it as a preamp – balanced XLR output with cabinet emulation.
Electro-Harmonix (press release)
Electro-Harmonix Unveils Flagship Overdrive Pedal: The Ehx Tortion Jfet Overdrive/Preamp
— After the unprecedented introduction of six new overdrive and distortion pedals in four months, EHX raises the bar further with the EHX TORTION JFET Overdrive/Preamp —
NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 23, 2014 – Hailed by company founder and president, Mike Matthews, as “our flagship overdrive/distortion,” the new EHX TORTION covers tremendous tonal real estate and provides the player with maximum versatility. Described as “a database of great tone,” the EHX TORTION’s full complement of features and controls make dialing in the right guitar sound intuitive — whatever the era — from vintage to modern.
- EHX TORTION features and specifications:
- JFET Overdrive for tube-like response and tone
- Boost switch with independent Volume and Gain controls for two-channel flexibility
- 4-way Pre-Gain selector, plus Treble, Middle and Bass for complete sound control
- Usable as a preamp — balanced XLR output with cabinet emulation
- True Bypass for maximum signal path integrity
- 9.6DC-200 PSU included
The EHX TORTION pedal features a U.S. list price of $198.67.