EHX’s rich history was marked by many revolutionary pedals but one of our most distinctive lines was a group of analog drum synthesizers that included the Crash Pad.
Like the original from 1980, the new Crash Pad can create an array of drum sounds and other-worldly oscillation sweeps, as well as process external sounds thru its resonant filter. Plus, it’s been updated to respond to expression pedal/CV input for external control over the filter in real-time.
- Creates a range of percussive sounds from cymbals, snares and hi hats to oscillation sweeps
- Triggers via the on-board pushbutton, an external (non-MIDI) drum pad and most clock generators
- Process external sounds thru the resonant filter + EXP/CV input for real-time filter control
- Rugged, die-cast chassis, supplied with an EHX9.6DC-200 PSU, also accepts a 9V battery
- Works great with the EHX Clockworks Rhythm Generator/Synthesizer, 8 Step Program Analog Expression/CV Sequencer and other similar devices
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
Electro-Harmonix (press release October 27, 2015)
Unveiling the EHX Crash Pad Analog Drum Synth
EHX HQ, New York, NY, October 27th, 2015 – EHX’s rich history is marked by many avant-garde pedals, but one of the most distinctive was an analog drum synthesizer dubbed the Crash Pad. Responding to requests for modern re-makes of vintage gear and sounds, Electro-Harmonix is bringing back the Crash Pad's original circuit in a modern package. Our new Crash Pad remains faithful to the sound and vibe of a vintage Crash Pad while featuring fresh updates.
Like the Crash Pad from 1980, the new version can create drum sounds ranging from cymbals to snares to other-worldly oscillation sweeps, and can process external sounds thru its resonant filter. The pedal is triggered via the on-board pushbutton or an external (non-MIDI) drum pad. It also responds to expression pedal/CV input for external control over the filter in real-time. The Crash Pad is housed in a rugged die-cast chassis and comes standard with an EHX9.6DC-200 PSU; it also accepts a 9V battery
The Crash Pad is sure to appeal to players who love analog synths and vintage sound with modern control. It’s very cool all by itself and also works especially well in combination with pedals like the EHX Clockworks Rhythm Generator/Synthesizer and 8 Step Program.
The Crash Pad is available now and has an MSRP of $156.70.
- (2015-10-31) Electro Harmonix Crash Pad - AES 2015 by SoundOnSound
- (2015-10-31) [AES] Electro-Harmonix Crash Pad by Audiofanzine
- (2016-01-11) Electro-Harmonix Super Space Drum and Crash Pad by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-01-11) EHX Super Space Drum & Crash Pad Analog Drum Synths by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-06-10) EHX Crash Synth Review by DawsonsMusic