Electro-Harmonix press release
ELECTRO-HARMONIX INTRODUCES 8 STEP PROGRAM, EXPRESSION/CV CONTROL SEQUENCER
WINTER NAMM, ANAHEIM, January xx, 2013 –EHX’s new 8 Step Program connects to the expression pedal or Control-Voltage input on another device delivering sequencer control over parameters that respond to expression pedals or CV generators such as oscillators, filters, delay parameters, etc. With eight independent sliders, each controlling a sequence step, the pedal can turn an auto-wah into a step filter, a tremolo into a varying rhythmic pulse effect or a pitch-shifter into an arpeggiator.
Sequences can be modified with the pedal’s multi-function Mode switch that delivers control over sequence length, direction, depth and glide rate. There are four direction modes available: forward, reverse, bounce and random.
Sequence rate can be set with the Rate slider, Tap Tempo footswitch, or via MIDI clock which permits syncing to an external device like a drum machine. Five Tap Tempo Divide modes add rhythmic diversity. An expression pedal/CV input enables external, real-time control of rate, depth, glide, and sequence length.
The main unit can save, store and recall 10 user presets. The optional 8 Step Program Foot Controller, which receives its power from the 8 Step Program via a standard guitar cable, expands presets to 100.
The new 8 Step Program pedal with a U.S. List Price of $164.51 and companion Foot Controller at $83.74 will be released in February. Both feature solid die-cast construction and the sequencer includes a 9.6DC-200mA power supply.
- (2013-01-26) [NAMM] Electro-Harmonix new pedals : 8 Step Program, 45 000, Epitome, Hog 2 and RTG by Audiofanzine
- (2013-02-04) WNAMM13: Electro Harmonix Pedal Roundup - Video by sonicstate
- (2013-02-04) NAMM '13 - Electro-Harmonix Epitome, HOG2 Octave Generator, 45000 Looper, 8 Step Program Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-02-09) NAMM 2013 - Electro-Harmonix 8 Step Program by EffectsDatabase
- (2013-06-12) Electro-Harmonix 8 Step Program - "Get On The Bus" by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-07-19) Electro-Harmonix 8-Step Program CV Sequencer Overview by Electronic Musician Magazine
- (2013-07-20) Harmony Central Meets the EHX 8-Step Program by Harmony-Central
- (2013-07-23) Electro-Harmonix 8 Step Program Demo by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-07-31) Electro-Harmonix 8 Step Program | step sequencer by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2013-08-23) Nord Stage 2 and EHX 8 Step Program by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-10-25) Arturia MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer Demo by Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-01-10) How to use the 8-step and Microsynth from EHX. A really cool delay sound with multiple delay. by PsyckadeliTV
- (2015-02-18) 8-step from Electro Harmonix. An overview and cool guitar settings using the 8-step by PsyckadeliTV
- (2015-12-11) How to use the 8-step Electro Harmonix. Cool arpeggiated guitar sound using the 8-step by PsyckadeliTV
- (2016-08-11) tonal recall + 8 step program by Glou-Glou
- (2017-04-15) Sometimes our pedals make music without having an instrument plugged in. In this case the @ehx #8step is controlling the zero knob on the #ChaseBlissSpectre which is changing the pitch with a high regeneration. by Chase Bliss Audio