Electro-Harmonix 22500 Dual Stereo Looper
Electro Harmonix's looping pedals offer great value for money and are a useful addition to any guitarist's setup. The 22500 Dual Stereo Looper feels just as much at home on stage as it does in the studio. It has a retro look, but its technology is quite modern: audio is recorded to an SDHC card and you can connect the looper to your Mac or PC via a USB port in order to save your loops. Of course Electro Harmonix wouldn't be Electro Harmonix if they hadn't equipped the 22500 pedal with a number of fantastic experimental features.
The 22500 allows you to record up to thirteen hours of audio (using a 32GB SDHC) and 100 individual loops. An 8GB SDHC card is included so you can get started straight away. As the name implies, the Dual Stereo Looper gives you control over two stereo loops, which can be used independently or linked together. Each channel has its own mix control, and the looper also has a gain control for incoming signals. In addition to the usual foot switches per loop there's a third programmable foot switch that can be used for functions like tap tempo.
Electro Harmonix is known to offer a little more than just the standard options, by adding experimental functions to their effect pedals. At times those features can be a little over the top, but in this case they hit the nail right on the head. Each loop of the 22500 has its own reverse function, for instance, as well as a practical octave function - ideal for one-man bands. To top it all off, the Dual Stereo Looper is equipped with a number of built-in drum patterns. Are you looking for a looper that really gets your creative juices flowing and is perfect for use on stage? Check out the EHX 22500!
- loop pedal
- two stereo loops
- up to 100 individual loops
- recording time: up to 13 hours
- verse/chorus switch
- microphone input
- reverse and octave (up/down) functions
- built-in rhythms + rhythm guide
- adjustable gain
- USB port
- 9.6V DC 220mA adapter
- 8GB SDHC card
Electro-Harmonix (Press release July 9, 2015)
Electro-Harmonix introduces the 22500 Dual Stereo Looper
Summer NAMM, Nashville, TN, July 9th, 2015 –The brand-new EHX 22500 Dual Stereo Looper is flexible, extensively-featured pedal looper that allows for easy operation of two loops at the same time. Expanding upon EHX's looping legacy, the 22500 employs two high-quality, uncompressed audio tracks that can be played in parallel or series to enable the player to punch in and out harmonies and rhythms, or use each loop as different sections of a song. The pedal is capable of recording up to 12 hours with the supplied 8GB SD card.
The 22500's user interface is intuitive and in depth. Loop A and Loop B footswitches engage recording and toggle between playback and overdubbing for each loop with a single tap or double tap to stop. A third footswitch can be programmed to function as a master Stop, Tap Tempo or Rhythm Start/Stop switch. Control sections for each loop include individual level control knobs and Reverse and Octave buttons to expand creative possibilities. Three loop status LEDs include Record, Playback and Memory. The multifunction Mode knob gives access to 100 loop banks, control over rhythm options and operational functions of the pedal including Series/Parallel looping, rhythm Quantized/Free Form looping and much more. Input Gain knob controls the level of input. Rhythm button engages the built in drum loops.
The 22500 is completely stereo/mono capable. The Left/Mono Input is switchable between ¼” and XLR MIC inputs with selectable phantom power and a separate microphone gain knob. SDHC memory card slot supports 4GB to 32GB cards. The included 8GB memory card holds up to 12 hours of total recording time. Included USB port enables backup/restore to a PC or MAC. An optional Bank-Up/Bank-Down Foot Controller is available for increased onstage ease (sold separately).
The 22500 Dual Stereo Looper expands EHX's looper legacy in both form and function. The new 22500 comes in a rugged die-cast chassis and comes standard with an EHX 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter and carries a U.S. list price of $359.97. The 22500 Foot controller is powered by the main pedal and has a U.S. list price of $117.15.
- (2015-07-09) Electro-Harmonix 22500 - Summer NAMM 2015 by SoundOnSound
- (2015-07-10) Summer NAMM 2015: Electro-Harmonix 22500 Stereo Looper by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-07-15) Summer NAMM 2015 - Electro Harmonix 22-500 Dual Stereo Looper by guitarworld
- (2015-07-16) SNAMM '15 - Electro-Harmonix 22500 Stereo Looper, Silencer Noise Gate, and Bad Stone Phaser Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-07-30) EHX 22500 Dual Stereo Looper pedal by Electro-Harmonix
- (2015-09-17) Electro-Harmonix 22500 | Dual Stereo Looper by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2015-10-20) What do you look for in a looper? The EHX 22500 Dual Stereo Looper combines a compact footprint, a comprehensive feature spec and an intuitive user interface to deliver powerful looping capabilities in an affordable, easy to use package. http://bit.ly/1I by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-01-21) EHX electro-harmonix Cock Fight 22500 Looper demo by David Curtis
- (2016-02-26) Electro-Harmonix 22500 Dual Stereo Looper by Prymaxe
- (2016-05-10) Electro-Harmonix 22500 Dual Stereo Looper by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-05-16) Session ace, Bill Ruppert, created this short video to show you some very cool things that are possible with the 22500 Dual Stereo Looper. Learn more » www.ehx.com/products/22500 by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-11-25) Electro-Harmonix 22500 Dual Stereo Looper (by Tim) by EffectsDatabase
- (2016-12-23) Santiago Córdoba puts the EHX 22500 dual stereo looper to good use with a kaleidoscope of instruments, loops and samples in his original composition, "Galope". Explore EHX loopers » www.ehx.com/browse/delay-loopers by Electro-Harmonix