- Drive (Up/Down)
- selects direction of filter sweep : upwards or downwards.
- Normal mode allows setting the Gain control without changing the output volume.
- Peak (Q on the Mini Q-Tron)
- Determines frequency peak of filter. Makes more "effected sound" when turned up more.
- Functions as both a volume control and a filter sensitivity control in boost mode. In normal mode it acts only as a filter sensitivity control, unlike the Mutron-III which also changes the unit's output volume.
- Range (Hi/Lo)
- Emphasizes vowel like sounds in low position, overtones in high position.
- Mode (LP/BP/HP/Mix)
- Select the filter used by the effect: Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass or a mix of Bandpass with dry unprocessed sound.
- Response (Slow/Fast)
- Selects either a slow, smooth, vowel-like attack or the fast, snappy response of the original Q-Tron.
Designed by Mike Beigel, inventor of the legendary Mu-Tron III envelope filter.
"The ultimate envelope follower! Same as the original Q-Tron but with added Effects Loop and Attack Response Switch. The Effects Loop lets you place an additional effect between the Q-Tron+'s preamp and filter section without changing the envelope drive. The added Response Switch lets the player choose between a slow, smooth, vowel-like attack and the fast, snaked response of the original Q-Tron."