- Drive (Up/Down)
- selects direction of filter sweep : upwards or downwards.
- Normal mode allows setting the Gain control without changing the output volume.
- Determines frequency peak of filter. Makes more "effected sound" when turned up more.
- Functions as both a volume control and a filter sensitivity control in boost mode. In normal mode it acts only as a filter sensitivity control, unlike the Mutron-III which also changes the unit's output volume.
- Range (Hi/Lo)
- Emphasizes vowel like sounds in low position, overtones in high position.
- Mode (LP/BP/HP/Mix)
- Select the filter used by the effect: Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass or a mix of Bandpass with dry unprocessed sound.
Designed by Mike Beigel, inventor of the legendary Mu-Tron III envelope filter.
Improve your Groove!
The Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron - the phattest, funkiest envelope filter ever made! Features like switchable Boost and Filter Mix mode allow for an unlimited supply of all-new auto-wah effects that drip with attitude. Increased frequency response and improved signal-to-noise ratio make the Q-Tron perfect for use with any instrument.
Bootsy Collins and George Clinton already have theirs. How about you?
- (2008-06-23) Electro Harmonix Q-Tron by fleizenkruz
- (2011-02-27) Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron Back On Guitar Where It Belongs by GearWire
- (2012-04-16) [????] 1495? Todays Gear Electro-Harmonix Q-tron by Today's Gear
- (2016-03-13) Electro Harmonix Q Tron Demo/Playthrough by TheGearFiles
- (1970-01-01) Electro-Harmonix (vintage) Q-Tron: EHX Q-Tron Demo
- Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+ Envelope Filter + FX Loop
- Electro-Harmonix Mini Q-Tron