- High Filter
- low-pass filter, filtering out the high tones?
- Bass Filter
- high-pass filter, filtering out the low tones?
- mixes the clean signal with the effected signal
- Sub (only on reissues)
- gives the sub-octave more punch
The Octave Multiplexer is finally back, generating deep, phat bass tones one octave below the notes you play into it. Dividing the Octave Multiplexer from other octave devices are the two separate smoothing filters that enable you to tailor your sub-octave signal to the exact bass sound you desire. Run your vocals through the Octave Multiplexer and sound just like Ike Turner.
a 70's Electro-Harmonix brochure
Now Synthesize a not one octave below the one you're playing. The Octave Multiplexer literally allows you to convert any standard electric guitar into an electric bass - making possible lightning fast bass runs. An unbelievable extension for horns and trumpets. It explodes the tonal capabilities of these instruments into the range of the bass and baritone horns. Five filters allow the user to shape the harmonic content of the new note from fuzz bass to a pure deep organ bass. The Octave Multiplexer is fantastic on voice too; it makes any singer sound like Ike Turner. The Floor Unit contains all the basic controls of the pedal in a compact modular form.
- (2010-01-23) Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer by robopimp420
- (2015-09-09) Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer by Alex T
- (2016-01-12) Electro-Harmonix, vintage Octave Multiplexer demo, Msm workshop by MSM Workshop
- (2016-01-23) EHX Bassballs russian + Octave Multiplexer, jam for fun. by MSM Workshop
- 5 1/2" x 6 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 1 5/16" (original)
- 1 pound 10 ounces (original)