Electro-Harmonix (press release, July 9, 2015)
Electro-Harmonix introduces The Silencer Noise Gate/Effects Loop
Summer NAMM, Nashville, TN, July 9th, 2015 – Responding to the needs of pedalboard users and players whose high gain effects create difficult to control hum and noise, EHX has developed The Silencer, a sophisticated noise gate that can tame a single pedal or an entire effects loop.
The Silencer’s three-control layout provides precise fine-tuning to fit your system, instrument and playing style. Threshold adjusts how much level is required to open the noise gate and allow a signal to pass thru. Reduction regulates the degree to which the gated signal is reduced and is variable between -70db and +4db. Release controls how long the gate remains open after the signal drops below the Threshold. Release time is variable between 8ms and 4 seconds.
I/O includes ¼ inch Input, Output, Send and Return jacks. The footswitch selects whether the Silencer is engaged or in bypass mode; buffered bypass allows the effects loop to remain in your signal path when the gate is bypassed. A built-in AC jack accepts an EHX9.6DC power supply (optional) and the pedal ships with a 9V battery.
The Silencer has a $76.80 MSRP and will be available this August.
- (2015-07-15) Electro-Harmonix The Silencer - Summer NAMM 2015 by SoundOnSound
- (2015-07-15) Summer NAMM 2015 - Electro Harmonix Silencer Noise Gate by guitarworld
- (2015-07-16) SNAMM '15 - Electro-Harmonix 22500 Stereo Looper, Silencer Noise Gate, and Bad Stone Phaser Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-08-27) Electro-Harmonix The Silencer | noise gate and effects loop by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2015-10-01) The Electro-Harmonix Silencer by Electro-Harmonix
- (2015-10-02) EHX Silencer Noise Gate & Effects Loop by Electro-Harmonix
- (2015-12-11) Electro-harmonix EHX Silencer Noise Gate Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2015-12-20) Electro-harmonix EHX Silencer Noise Gate Review by DawsonsMusic