The Lumberjack logarithmic overdrive breaks the rules to deliver distortion with a character that’s all its own and uniquely EHX. Depending on your dynamic level, its response ranges from powerful clean boost to subtle torn-speaker to gritty distortion. True bypass rounds out the equation.
- Logarithmic overdrive
- 9.6V power supply included
- True bypass for maximum signal path integrity
- Compact, rugged die-cast chassis
Electro-Harmonix (press release)
Electro-Harmonix adds timber to your timbre with the Lumberjack Logarithmic Overdrive
NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 23, 2014 – With the new Lumberjack, Electro-Harmonix set out to rethink overdrive pedal design and this logarithmic OD breaks all of the rules to deliver distortion with a character that’s uniquely EHX.
A standard overdrive pedal reacts predictably in that the distortion it delivers goes up linearly in direct response to the guitarist’s volume and playing dynamics. A little explanation is required: On a linear scale, a change between two values is perceived as the difference between those two values. So the difference between 1 and 2 is the same as the difference between 9 and 10. The Lumberjack’s response is logarithmic and the change between two values is perceived as a ratio of those values. Therefore, a change from 1 to 2 (ratio 1:2) is perceived as the same as a change from 4 to 8 (ratio of 1:2). The resulting overdrive is very reactive to the player’s volume and dynamics and its response ranges from a powerful clean boost to torn-speaker rasp and up to gritty distortion.
The control layout includes Volume, Log Factor and Boost knobs. Volume sets the overall output level of the pedal while Boost adjusts the input signal of the instrument. The Log Factor controls the amount of logarithmic distortion. The new Lumberjack is housed in a compact die-cast package, and comes equipped with a 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter. It features true bypass for maximum signal chain integrity and carries a U.S. list price of $77.38.
- (2014-01-06) Electro Harmonix Lumberjack Log Overdriver pedal by Electro-Harmonix
- (2014-02-13) Electro-Harmonix Lumberjack Log Overdriver by MusicToyz
- (2014-03-15) Electro-Harmonix Lumberjack overdrive Live Demo at Musikmesse 2014 by MusicOffCommunity
- (2014-07-11) Electro-Harmonix Lumberjack LOG Overdriver - Clip 1: All controls noon, then Boost up three Vol to 1, Log to Three. 2/3 guitar volume, then full guitar volume -- Strat and Fender Tremolux by Premier Guitar
- (2014-07-11) Electro-Harmonix Lumberjack LOG Overdriver - Clip 2: Log and Boost controls maxed. Volume at one o' clock--Strat and Fender Tremolux by Premier Guitar