- Shift On/Off (toggle)
Rich, overtone laden sound that doesn’t get muddy. Responsive controls that take you from sparkling, clean boost through brown crunch and all the way to thick, saturated hi-gain. Advanced features like Tone Shift and selectable 9 or 18V internal voltage for surgical sound sculpting. The new OD Glove delivers overdrive and distortion with impact, and the modern player in mind.
“The OD Glove is unlike any of the overdrives we offer and great!” - Mike Matthews
- Versatile modern overdrive/distortion
- Tone Shift switch
- Selectable 9V or 18V internal voltage
- True bypass
- Tough, compact die-cast chassis
- 9 Volt battery included
- Optional 9.6DC-200 power supply available
Electro-Harmonix (press release)
EHX introduces the OD Glove overdrive/distortion.
This versatile pedal goes from sparkling clean boost through brown crunch all the way to thick, saturated hi-gain.
NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 23, 2014 – With the new OD Glove, Electro-Harmonix expands its range of classic and modern overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals. The MOSFET based OD Glove possesses a tone that feels and sounds as organic as a venerable EL34-powered British amplifier. It delivers a rich, overtone laden sound that never gets muddy, even with darker settings, plus high touch-sensitivity and an expanded harmonic range.
EHX Founder and President, Mike Matthews, stated: “The OD Glove is unlike any of the overdrives we offer and great!”
Advanced features include a Tone Shift switch, selectable 9 or 18V internal voltage and True Bypass switching. Tone Shift controls the mid frequency emphasis of the tone circuit and allows precise tone sculpting. The internal voltage switch changes the pedal’s internal power supply voltage. Operation at 9V results in a tighter sound, and reduces the current draw. Operation at 18V results in a less compressed, more open tone. True bypass preserves signal integrity when the effect is not engaged.
The control layout also includes Volume, Tone and Gain knobs. Volume sets the output level of the pedal and, along with lower Gain settings, can be used to dial in a sweet clean boost. Gain controls the amount of distortion, taking the OD Glove from a natural, smooth overdrive to thick, saturated high-gain sounds. The Tone control helps tame the treble to tailor the tone.
The new OD Glove pedal is housed in a compact die-cast package, equipped with a 9-volt battery, can be powered by an optional standard 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter and carries a U.S. list price of $77.38.
- (2013-10-07) Electro-Harmonix OD GLOVE by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-11-14) EHX OD Glove by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-12-02) Electro-Harmonix OD Glove | overdrive/distortion by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2013-12-17) Electro Harmonix - OD Glove Overdrive Demo at GAK by GAK
- (2013-12-30) Electro Harmonix OD Glove by FuzzvilleMusicstore
- (2014-01-13) Guitar-Muse Review: EHX OD Glove Pedal Demo by guitarmusecom
- (2014-01-28) NAMM '14 - Electro-Harmonix EHX Tortion, Holy Grail Max, Soul Food, Satisfaction, OD Glove Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2014-03-15) Electro-Harmonix OD Glove overdrive Live Demo at Musikmesse 2014 by MusicOffCommunity
- (2014-10-24) Electro Harmonix OD Glove Overdrive Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2015-05-02) Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, East River Drive and OD Glove Demo - Metal | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2015-07-26) EHX Glove OD, Soul Food and Good Vibes Demo | PMT by Nevada Music UK
- (2015-11-13) EHX OD Glove Overdrive & Distortion by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-10-25) EHX Soul Food and OD Glove Demo by Daniel Ribeiro by Electro-Harmonix