Electro-Harmonix creates classic overdrive in a pedal that's as bold as New York City. Symmetrical overdrive adds edge and gain without compromising tone. Volume and Drive take it from sweet to searing while Tone lets you dial in just the right amount of bite to cut through the mix.
No matter how hard you drive it, you're always in control. True bypass and tone that is absolutely unflinching at a musician-friendly price!
- Great for getting some dirt out of a clean amp or pushing your dirty amp over the top
- True Bypass
- 9 Volt battery included
- Optional 9.6DC-200 power supply available
- Tough, compact die-cast chassis
Electro-Harmonix (press release)
With the new East River Drive, Electro-Harmonix adds a JRC4558-based overdrive to its extensive range of classic and modern overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals.
NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 23, 2014 — Expanding its range of overdrive, fuzz and distortion pedals that began with the iconic LPB-1 Linear Power Booster and Big Muff Pi, Electro-Harmonix now introduces its first pedal designed around a JRC4558 integrated circuit: the East River Drive. Those in the know about New York City and the NYC-based EHX will recognize that the pedal was named after the river which separates the boroughs of Manhattan and Queens and the eponymously named “Drive” that enables New Yorkers to motor along it.
As bold as New York City, the new East River Driver delivers classic symmetrical overdrive with a natural, transparent quality in a compact road-worthy package. The traditional control layout includes Volume, Tone and Drive knobs to make dialing-in the desired sound quick and easy. Volume sets the overall output level. Drive controls the amount of input gain. As the control is moved clockwise, the overdrive ranges from mild edge to classic distortion. Tone enables the player to tailor his sound regardless of his guitar and amp of choice.
The versatile East River Drive can be used effectively in front of a clean amp or to push an already overdriven amp. True bypass switching is featured to preserve signal path integrity. It comes equipped with a 9-volt battery and can be powered by an optional 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter. The East River Drive carries a U.S List Price of $77.38 and is available now.
- (2013-09-06) Electro Harmonix - East River Drive Pedal by roknfnrol
- (2013-09-23) Electro-Harmonix East River Drive by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-10-25) Electro-Harmonix East River Drive | overdrive by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2013-11-14) EHX East River Drive by Electro-Harmonix
- (2013-11-28) Electro Harmonix - East River Drive Overdrive Pedal Demo at GAK by GAK
- (2014-02-20) Electro-Harmonix East River Drive by Prymaxe
- (2014-03-04) Electro-Harmonix East River Drive Overdrive Effects Pedal Demo by GuitarCenterTV
- (2014-03-15) Electro-Harmonix East River Drive overdrive Live Demo at Musikmesse 2014 by MusicOffCommunity
- (2014-04-07) Review Demo - Electro-Harmonix East River Overdrive by Premier Guitar
- (2014-05-21) Electro Harmonix East River Drive (Aivn) by JamStageCz
- (2014-06-16) Electro Harmonix East River Drive by FuzzvilleMusicstore
- (2014-10-24) Electro Harmonix East River Drive Overdrive Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2015-05-02) Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, East River Drive and OD Glove Demo - Metal | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2015-05-12) Electro-Harmonix East River Drive Pedal Review by Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-07-22) Review Electro Harmonix East River Drive NL by baxshopnl
- (2015-07-25) EHX East River Drive, Bad Stone and Holy Grail Max demo | PMT by Nevada Music UK
- (2016-02-24) EHX East River Drive Overdrive by Electro-Harmonix
- (2016-07-15) EHX East River Drive with JHS High Gain Mod by reverbmarket
- (2016-09-28) EHX East River Drive Demo by Bryce Milano by Electro-Harmonix