- Spectral Gate (push button)
- Exp. Mode (push button)
- Exp. Reverse (push button)
- Master Vol
- Dry Output
- -2 Octaves
- -1 Octave
- +1 Octave
- +1 Octave + 5th
- +2 Octaves
- +2 Octaves + 3rd
- +3 Octaves
- +4 Octaves
- +5 Octaves
- Lower Envelope
- Upper Envelope
- Filter Frequency
- Filter Resonance
- Bypass (footswitch)
- Exp. (footswitch)
- Envelope (footswitch)
Electro-Harmonix press release (January 10, 2012)
The award winning HOG (Harmonic Octave Generator) earned kudos from players and reviewers alike because of its ability to generate ten, totally polyphonic and glitch free voices ranging from two octaves below to four above the instrument's pitch-all without the need for a special pickup or instrument mods of any kind.
- Sophisticated new algorithms to improve the quality of the ten generated octaves and harmonics as well as the Freeze function
- Full MIDI control over all parameters and presets
- Master Volume for added control and convenience. Volume levels are saved as part of a preset
- Save and recall up to 100 preset programs with the optional foot controller (versus six with the original HOG)
Of course, it still features:
- 10 controllable harmonic intervals: -2 octaves, -1 octave, original note, +5th, +1 octave, +1 octave +5th, +2 octaves, +2 octaves +3rd, +3 octaves, + 4 octaves.
- 7 Expression Modes
- Freeze expression mode holds a note or chord-play over it or slide to new notes like a keyboardist playing portamento
- Amplitude envelope lengthens a note's attack for swells or increased decay speed.
- Dedicated resonant filtering with sweepable frequency control
- Separate lower and upper harmonic amplitude envelopes
- External expression pedal included
- Standard 9VDC 200mA power supply included
Electro-Harmonix press release (January 21, 2012)
WINTER NAMM, ANAHEIM, January 24, 2013 — Electro-Harmonix proudly introduces the new H.O.G.2. This second generation Harmonic Octave Generator – Guitar Synthesizer builds upon the legacy of the critically acclaimed H.O.G.
The H.O.G.2 packs all the polyphonic power of the original unit, but based on feedback from users and new developments in technology, the new H.O.G.2 offers a number of enhancements and upgrades. These include:
- Improved algorithms for each synthesized voice and for freeze capture. The new voices sound clearer and the freeze capture is smoother
- Full MIDI control. Every parameter on the HOG2 can now be controlled by MIDI
- Presets can be loaded and stored via MIDI
- A new, optional Foot Controller that allows the user to store and load up to 100 presets.
Now compatible with the industry standard 9Volt DC/200mA center negative power supply
The polyphonic H.O.G.2 still offers glitch-free tracking and complete control of up to 10 interval pitches without the need for special pickups. It provides a freeze mode with glissando, independent attack and decay controls and dedicated resonant filtering with a sweepable frequency control. An Expression Mode permits +/- 1 octave bends, 1 step pitch bends, plus control over freeze + gliss, freeze + volume, wah wah and filter frequency.
A new H.O.G.2 Foot Controller is also available. It allows you to easily save and recall up to 100 presets in the H.O.G.2 main unit. Presets 0 through 11 are factory presets specially designed to give the user a wide array of sounds available from the H.O.G.2.
The H.O.G. 2 carries a U.S. List Price of $634.94. The H.O.G. 2 Foot Controller is prices at U.S. List $181.26.