The Electro-Harmonix HOG is a totally polyphonic guitar synthesizer, giving the user complete control of up to 10 interval pitches. Musicians can unveil an entirely new tone potential with anything from extreme sub bass to powerful multi-octave chords, including fifth and third intervals. Dedicated Filtering and envelope control, with numerous setup options, make the HOG a must-have performance instrument. And NO special pickup is required and NO glitches are created.
- 10 intervals of pitch can be mixed by using 10 surface faders, which may then be played polyphonically with perfect tracking:
- 1 octaves down
- 2 octaves down
- original pitch
- 1 fifth up
- 1 octave up
- 1 octave up + a perfect fifth
- 2 octaves up
- 2 octaves up + a major third
- 3 octaves up
- 4 octaves up
- Six unique expression modes are accessible via the Exp button, expression pedal and MIDI. Octave bends, step bends, volume control, user defined Wah-Wah, Filter control, plus two unique freeze modes: With Freeze Gliss, an expression pedal freezes a chord while letting you play over it having your frozen notes gliss to meet your new notes. The Freeze Volume freezes a chord allowing you to control its volume, with an expression pedal, as you play on top of it.
- An external "whammy" pedal and a momentary surface mounted Exp button, allow for real-time access and manipulation of all of the above expression modes. A new level of performance interaction.
- Dual Envelope generators that work with both the higher and lower frequency ranges. Allows unique contours of attack and release in two different harmonic regions.
- 12 dB per octave 2-pole low pass filter and resonance controls manipulate the tone while also being a critical element within the expression modes.
- Surface Foot access for True Bypass, expression control and envelope engagement.
- Store performance presets when you use the optional external Electro-Harmonix foot controller.
Indulge your senses! The award winning HOG (Harmonic Octave Generator) is a totally polyphonic guitar synthesizer offering complete control of up to 10 interval pitches. NO glitches and NO special pickup needed. Generate extreme sub bass to powerful multi-octave chords. Convert your 6 string into a 12 string, create a realistic B3 organ. Amazing on guitar but works well with any instrument.
Electro-Harmonix about the foot controller
Instantly recall your favorite HOG settings at the touch of a switch. The HOG Foot Controller allows you to store and recall 6 presets. Invaluable for performance and in the studio.
- (1970-01-01) Big Muff HOG Modified Frequency Analyzer 02 by Julian Dunn
- (1970-01-01) Big Muff HOG Modified Frequency Analyzer 01 by Julian Dunn
- (1970-01-01) EHX HOG/SMMH Strings demo by FenderEHX4ever
- (1970-01-01) HOG Big Muff SMMH Prometheus FA by Julian Dunn
- (1970-01-01) HOG SMMH sitar sounds by Julian Dunn
- (1970-01-01) HOG Freeze SMMH Prometheus by Julian Dunn
- (1970-01-01) HOG freeze organ bass clean arpeggiation by Julian Dunn