Drive and boost in one.
The Silversmith is a 100% pure analog, two-in-one distortion and boost pedal. The high-gain distortion section boasts an extremely responsive tone control along with the Gain and Volume knobs to deliver a vast array of seriously saturated tones. Contour allows you to accurately sculpt the critical midrange frequencies. Egnater’s signature Tight switch provides control of the essential low frequencies. The Boost section is versatile and intuitive. Set the pedal for an ultra clean boost or dial in the perfect amount of grit. Drive tapers the amount of gain in your boost while color shapes the overall tone and brightness. Tight controls the overall low frequency response. The path switch selects the order of the distortion and boost. Patch jacks on the rear panel allow you to separate the Overdrive and Boost into two individual pedals.
The contour knob and switch allow the Silversmith Distortion to venture way beyond your “normal” distortion pedal. You now have control over the midrange cut or boost, and you can select between two different frequencies for a really wide range of new tone options.
The Boost section even goes beyond just “clean” boost, because sometimes you just want a little more. The Drive control frees you to dial in just the right amount of “rock and roll” grit.
Another really cool feature is the Path switch. Because the Silversmith is truly two individual pedals in one, we felt it important to be able to put the two pedals in the order of your choosing. With the Path switch, you can put the Boost before the Distortion (DB), the boost becomes a volume/solo boost for the Distortion. But wait, with the additional Patch jacks, you can even separate the Silversmith into two totally separate pedals and place either one anywhere in you pedal signal chain.
Our unique low battery monitor is one of the hidden “gems” in our new Egnater pedals. Not only does the LED indicator warn you of a low battery condition by flashing at an increasing rate as the battery voltage drops, but if the battery becomes too weak for proper operation, the pedal will automatically bypass itself and all the lights flash to alert you. Our switching circuits are “true bypass” using very high quality sealed relays so you will never be surprised by a dead battery interrupting your performance again.
- Two pedals in one
- Great sound
- Distortion Specifications
- Volume and Gain Controls
- Tone Control +/-8dB @ 2KHz Passive
- Tight Switch -6dB/octave rolloff at 110Hz
- Contour Control with Frequency Select Switch
- Switch Down: +/-12dB @ 400Hz Active
- Switch Up: +/-12dB @ 1KHz Active
- Boost Section
- Level Control
- Color Knob +/- 9dB @ 2.5kHZ Passive
- Tight Switch • -6dB/octave rolloff at 110Hz
- Drive Controls the Level of “Grit”
- Path Switch Selects the Order of the Effects
- D > B = Distortion Before Boost
- B > D = Boost Before Distortion
- (2014-01-25) EGNATER - NAMM 2014 - TMNtv Booth Tour by TMNtv
- (2014-01-29) NAMM 2014 New Egnater Amp and Pedals by shnobel
- (2014-02-24) NAMM '14 Egnater Amplification TOL 60 Amp & Goldsmith, Silversmith, and Black Metal Pedal Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2014-12-31) Egnater Silversmith Distortion, demo by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn