The Tube-Vibe is a no compromise, innovative & original re-design of the classic Uni-Vibe. The pre-amp, mixer and phase-shifters sections are built on triode tubes operating at real amp plate voltages and it has a powerful L.F.O. that makes it possible to sculpt thick, swampy vibe tones at higher modulation rates through to textural & spacious chorus effects at slower rates. The tone is outrageously cool - it's absolutely the lushest, most psychedelic sounding guitar pedal there is! One of those devices that epitomise analog with it's unique, slightly blurry, liquid phase-chorused tone, impossible to simulate. Want to know more? Then check out on-line specs or better still test drive one today at your local dealer.
- The Tube-Vibe uses vacuum tubes in the phase shifter section for the ultimate in audiophile performance. This ensures low backgound noise and stacks of headroom for wide dynamic range, transparency and hi-fidelity Vibe tones. The Tube-Vibe will integrate seamlessly with your guitar/amp rig to achieve a signature tone that is unsurpassed in detail, depth and richness.
- High, one megaohm input impedance ensures a wide open and clear tone - your guitar pickup is "seeing" a tube amp input stage. The input resistance of the Uni-Vibe is only 69Kohm which is low enough to load the output of a guitar and dull the sound or cause significant treble loss to single coil pickups.
- The only vibe with a NCO (Numerically Controlled Oscillator)! Deeper and more powerful than the conventional LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) found on the Uni-Vibe and makes it possible to sculpt thick, swampy vibe tones at higher modulation rates through to dreamy, spacious chorus effects at slower rates.
- Hyper-bright, daylight visible purple LED pulsates with modulation speed for visual song tempo matching.
- The Tube-Vibe uses only top quality MIL-SPEC NOS tubes in the phase shifter section for the ultimate in audiophile performance. The signal path in the original Uni-Vibe is solid-state and is based on cheap silicon transistors at 3 cents a piece and sounds flat and one-dimensional in comparison. The Tube-Vibe goes well beyond the Uni-Vibe to achieve tone that is unsurpassed in detail, depth and richness.
- A new magic ratio for the phase shift stagger tuned capacitors was empirically derived for the Tube-Vibe. It's response is fine-tuned and voiced for electric guitar. The capacitors in the Uni-Vibe phase shifter circuit were intended to simulate a Hi-Lo Leslie rotating speaker system , usually meant to be applied to church organs. Not exactly Rock'n'Roll.
- High, one megaohm input impedance ensures a wide open and clear tone. The input resistance of the Uni-Vibe is only 69Kohm. This is low enough to load the output of a guitar and dull the sound or cause significant treble loss to single coil pickups.
- Unique blend control allows mixing of dry & vibrato signals to produce beautiful phase-chorused tones. Fully anti-clockwise is dry, 12 o'clock is chorus and fully clockwise is vibrato. It therefore acts like the basic Uni-Vibe intensity control until 12 o'clock and if you push it beyond that you're into new territory by blending chorus/vibe. You just can't get that kind of intensity with other vibe pedals. Plus you can seriously nail a 'sweet spot' for chorus tone (especially using the triangle wave). Think of it like an amp where the gain knob goes to 11!
- Hyper-bright, daylight visible LED pulsates with modulation speed for visual song tempo matching.
- Internal trim pot. allows the darkness of the vibe to be adjusted as desired. Factory set for maximum 'chewiness'.
- Internal DIP switch allows selection between two entirely different wave shapes to drive the bulb. One voicing utilises a pseudo-sqaure wave to achieve a deep, thick and swampy throb to sound like an original Uni-Vibe on steroids. The other is a more subtle triangle wave, producing uniform sweep for smooth and natural chorus effects.
- Another internal DIP configures the Tube-Vibe for either vibe mode or vibe-wah mode. More subtle than wah-wah and very cool sounding.
- The only vibe with a NCO (Numerically Controlled Oscillator)! This is much more powerful and configurable than the conventional LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) found on the Uni-Vibe. The NCO adds a new dimension to the meaning of 'custom' - it can be configured to generate any waveshape to give a unique signature throb, thickness & tone. Contact us to find the perfect wave for your signature sound.
- This effects pedal was designed and audio tested using both humbucking & single coil pickups. The all-tube signal path is capable of accepting input from high output active pickups such as EMG85's and "LiveWires". If you do succeed in overdriving this pedal then you'll be experiencing super smooth, class-A, tube overdrive!
- Tough prismatic purple powder coat finish.
- Supplied with wall-wart power adaptor.
- (2008-05-02) Effectrode Tube-Vibe (univibe) demo by sheetsofsound
- (2008-05-03) Effectrode Tube-Vibe (univibe) demo II by sheetsofsound
- (2008-06-14) Geek-Screamer, area 51 wah, effectrode tube-vibe, dimarzio by sheetsofsound
- (2008-06-29) Effectrode Tube-Vibe (univibe) demo overview by sheetsofsound
- (2010-07-08) Effectrode Tube-Vibe by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-05-15) Effectrode Tube-Vibe review by BjornRiis
- (2015-07-10) Techincal Demonstration Video #1: 'Tube-Vibe' Chorus and Vibrato Settings by Effectrode