The Tube Drive is simple to use and flexible enough to authentically reproduce a wide pallette of tones from mellow blues, to classic rock overdrive and thick, supersaturated modern guitar tones. The secret is Three dual triode tubes, where signal clipping occurs over 6 cascaded tube gain stages. In practice this means the pedal responds empathically to pick attack with a smooth and graceful breakup characteristic on low drive settings, producing an expressive warm blues tone. Increasing the drive introduces rich and musical harmonic overtones that pack serious punch for a larger-than-life, "hot-rodded" amp tone. The tone quality of the Tube Drive exceptionally musical, organic and sounds distinctly different to pushing an amp with a solid-state booster or hybrid transistor/tube overdrive pedal and it won't mask the natural sound of your guitar and amplifier.
- All Tube gain circuitry: The Tube Drive is the only pedal you can buy that has a complete tube guitar preamp inside - 100% analog, class-A, all-tube means no silicon in the signal path. This topology gives the Tube Drive fine control over a wide range of gain characteristics from mild breakup to creamy saturation.
- Tube swapping: The tone and gain characteristics of the Tube Drive can be drastically altered by interchanging tubes - in fact the pedal was designed for easy access to the tubes for this purpose. It can be quickly and easily transformed into a hi-gain distortion beast, mellow blues driver or boost pedal by simply removing a tube and replacing it with a different type.
- Bax-Stack "active" tube tone control: The Tube Drive is the only overdrive with an active tube tone control. The Bax-Stack is a real treble boost (and cut) circuit with zero insertion loss, unlike passive tone stacks which can only remove frequency content ("tone-sucking"). The tone range is optimized to work over important frequencies essential for mellow jazz tones to some serious crunch.
- Low-end coutour switch: Active low boost for a warmer, richer sound. Especially useful with single coil pickups to thicken the sound or when playing at low volumes to compensate for loudness.
- Daylight visible orange L.E.D.: Indicates when pedal is engaged.
- (2010-03-07) Effectrode "Tube Drive" vacuum tube overdrive pedal by Big City Music
- (2010-07-08) Effectrode Tube Drive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-08-05) Effectrode Tube Vibe by popintothechemist
- (2014-08-06) Effectrode Tube Drive Overdrive by popintothechemist
- (2011-06-16) Tube Drive Demo by Effectrode
- (2013-10-26) Shake 'em on Down by Effectrode
- (2013-10-26) The Sky is Crying by Effectrode
- (2013-10-26) Tube Drive - neck pickup by Effectrode
- (2013-10-26) Tube Drive - bridge pickup by Effectrode
- (2013-10-26) Parisienne Walkways (Gary Moore) by Effectrode
- (2013-12-27) Effectrode TD-2A Tube Drive on Fender P Bass by jazzigo
- (2014-09-01) Tube Drive - Strat by Effectrode
- (2014-09-01) Tube Drive - 335 by Effectrode
- (2014-09-01) Tube Drive - SG by Effectrode
- (2014-09-12) Tube Drive demo - Epic AOR Interlude by Effectrode