In 2013, EBS and Billy Sheehan join forces to release the Billy Sheehan Signature Drive pedal, a signal processing device offering the possibility to achieve the sound of a legend!
This pedal is a distillate of several important principles in the signal chain for the bass. Distorting a bass is always tricky to undertake as you lose note to note differentiation as well as muddying up the lower frequencies
EBS has solved this in conjunction with Billy Sheehan's own requests to have a pedal that can run two signals, distort one, and re-combine, and mix after much like he has run in similar decades of playing
It does just this plus allows an unlimited possibility of pre-post mix tone shaping by including a loop for each signal path. The user can insert anything they wish within the loop for unique and personally stylized tonality.
The pedal itself sounds absolutely wonderful, but the feature of being modified by the user's choise of insert components makes it useful for anyone playing in any style.
Please note that this is a signature pedal from a true bass icon which offers several unique features in a newly designed form factor:
- Dual Loop Input (Drive/Clean)
- EQ Control
- All Analog
- Drive,Tone,Level, and Clean Controls
- Three Compressor Modes-High, Mid, Off Clean Loop, & Drive Loop (connect to a Y-Cable for send and return)
- Type:Analog Effect-Mechanical Switching
- Power requirements:9v D.C Battery or Power Supply
By removing the bottom plate you get access to fine tuning the trimmers to adjust Threshold level of compressor (THR.) and the level of the Compression when mode switch is set to MID (COMP).
EBS Press Release (January 8, 2012)
EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive
The Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim at the end of January is the scene for the release of the new extraordinary EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive pedal. A pedal developed by EBS in close co-operation with legendary bassist Billy Sheehan.
The new pedal is based on the concept of mixing together a clean signal with a distorted to be able to preserve low frequencies and find balance between distortion and definition.
The option to activate a built-in compressor make possible to keep the note differentiation clearly audible even at heavily distorted sounds.
On top of that this pedal offers unlimited pre-post mix tone shaping, through the unique features of a clean loop and a drive loop. So, the user can insert any other effect they wish within each loop to ’pimp’ the effect into your own signature effect! Example: add a graphic EQ to the drive, to change the character of the distortion.Or add your favourit compressor to the Clean Loop instead of using the built-in offered in the pedal.
On the new extended sized stomp box from EBS, there are controls for Drive (gain for the overdrive engine), Tone (sets the frequency scoop for the drive), Level (sets level for drive channel post DriveLoop and pre final compressor) and Clean (sets level for the clean channel, post Clean Loop and pre final compressor).
The pedal offers three different compression modes: High, Mid and Off. The level of compression on the Mid setting can be determined by the user through an internal trim pot.
The pedal is due to start shipping out simultaneously with the NAMM Show, and begin to hit stores worldwide in February.
Price in US: $199
Quote from Billy Sheehan:
“This pedal is a distillate of several important principles in the signal chain for bass. Compression, distortion, tone-shaping and blending all together.”
- (2013-01-25) NAMM 2013: Billy Sheehan on his EBS Signature Drive Pedal by MusicRadar.com
- (2013-01-28) NAMM 2013: Billy Sheehan on his EBS Signature Drive Pedal by MusicRadar.com
- (2013-02-01) NAMM '13 - EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive by Premier Guitar
- (2013-02-02) Winter NAMM 2013 EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive pedal by Harmony-Central
- (2013-07-29) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive Bass Pedal Review - Guitar Interactive Magazine by iguitarmag
- (2014-01-05) EBS BILLY SHEEHAN by popromeo
- (2014-12-08) Billy Sheehan's complete guide to the EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive by EBS
- (2015-01-31) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive Video Test by MusicOffCommunity
- (2015-09-16) EBS / Billy Sheehan Signature Drive?????????????THE??? by digimartnet
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 1 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 2 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 3 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 4 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 5 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 6 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-06-03) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive, sample 7 by Anders Molle Molin by EBS
- (2013-08-29) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive - Maxed by Premier Guitar
- (2013-08-29) EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive - Tone Scoop by Premier Guitar