It's not a boost. It's simply an overdrive.
The Speaker Cranker is an all discrete dirt enhancement device designed to give your amp some grit and a slight boost without drastically changing the character or tone of your set up. It’s perfect for those that don’t like to fiddle with pesky controls yet want to add a little tube-like breakup or enhance an already over driven amp (or pedal) to give it some extra crunch without over loading the preamp. The single “More” control allows you choose the amount of break up you desire. Just like you would with a tube amp, back it off to thin out the sound and clean it up or crank it up for a fuller sound with a bit of compression.
- More: Controls the amount of dirt
- Measures: 4.37″ X 2.37″ X 1.5″ with knobs
- Power: 9v Battery or any standard 9 volt DC power supply with a negative center 2.1mm barrel.
- (2011-07-27) Summer NAMM '11 EarthQuaker Devices Speaker Cranker, Bit Commander, and Dispatch Master Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-10-18) EarthQuaker Devices Speaker Cranker by JetCityMusic
- (2011-10-28) Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker Pedal Demo by Tone Factor
- (2012-01-31) Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage by JustNickMusic
- (2012-06-13) Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker Overdrive by Tibbon
- (2012-07-03) Collings 290 TV Yellow - Victoria Silver Sonic 1x12 Amp - Speaker Cranker Pedal by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2012-11-07) EarthQuaker Devices Speaker Cranker - Stomp Romp Snack Demos #33 by StompRomp
- (2012-11-15) EarthQuaker Devices Speaker Cranker Overdrive by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2013-08-23) Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker by Prymaxe
- (2016-02-02) EarthQuaker Devices Speaker Cranker by reverbmarket