Introducing the Levitation reverb, a pedal designed by EarthQuaker Devices in conjunction with the LEVITATION music festival! LEVITATION, founded as Austin Psych Fest in 2008, has become a way to honor and preserve Austin’s psychedelic rock heritage, and carry it into the future. We wanted to remain true to the theme of LEVITATION and decided to do a variation on our popular Ghost Echo pedal to honor the reverb-drenched tones synonymous with classic psych rock. The Levitation Reverb builds on the base sound found in the Ghost Echo but does away with the attack and dwell and adds control over tone, decay, atmosphere and length in their place. It is a vintage voiced reverb that aims to fit somewhere between dirty sixties chambers, classic spring, and the big, ringing plate reverbs of days gone by.
Four knobs and one switch control quite a bit more than you’d expect. Want a slap back small room sound? Set all of your controls to the minimum and use the mix to dial in the sound of room devoid of anything but a guitar and amp. Want to revel in infinite spatial oscillations? Flip the toggle to long, turn up the atmosphere and decay then tune out. Dial in a bright chiming slap back by turning the tone all the way counter clockwise and reducing the decay. For a rattling, full-bandwidth assault, dime everything and let ‘er rip.
Each Levitation Reverb is built entirely by hand in Akron, Ohio by EarthQuaker Devices. It will be officially released at LEVITATION on May 8th, 2015 and available at the merchandise booth all weekend.
It will begin shipping to our dealers on May 26th, 2015.
- Length (Toggle): Broad stroke control for decay time. Shorter to left, longer to the right.
- Decay: Controls the length of the reverb decay. Longer clockwise, shorter counter clockwise.
- Atmosphere: This is a harmonic regeneration control, it feeds the upper frequencies of the reverb trails back through to create a more harmonic (ringing) reverb. More atmosphere clockwise, less counter clockwise.
- Mix: This controls how much wet signal is blended in with the dry. More reverb clockwise, less counter clockwise.
- Tone: This is an input bandwidth control for the reverberated signal. All the way counter clockwise reduces all low end content to make a brighter reverb, turning counter clockwise allows more low end to pass through resulting in a fuller reverberated tone.
- The Levitation Reverb is True Bypass.
- Input impedance: 1M
- Output impedance: >1K
- Measures: 4 5/8" x 2 1/2" x 2.25" with knobs
- Power : Our pedals take a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages! Current draw is 50 mA.
- (2015-04-22) EarthQuaker Devices Levitation Reverb by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2015-06-02) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2015-06-04) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-06-15) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-07-02) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb Demo by drowninginguitars
- (2015-07-27) SNAMM '15 - Earthquaker Devices Intersteller Orbiter, Levitation Reverb, The Dunes & Tentacle Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-09-17) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb by reverbmarket
- (2015-09-24) Earthquaker Devices - Levitation Reverb by Prymaxe
- (2015-11-06) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb by JustNickMusic
- (2015-11-22) Earthquaker Devices Levitation | wonderful big and not-so-big reverbs by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2015-11-25) Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2015-11-26) Earthquaker Devices - Levitation by Kayzer
- (2016-05-05) EarthQuaker Devices Levitation Reverb by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-05-22) Earthquaker Devices Levitation with Duesenberg Starplayer Deluxe by cranbournemusic
- (2015-09-03) EarthQuaker Levitation - Short Reverb - Various Settings by Premier Guitar
- (2015-09-03) EarthQuaker Levitation - Long Delay - Various Settings by Premier Guitar