The Hummingbird is, at heart, a hard and choppy tremolo. What comes out is more akin to vintage synth style oscillations. It's core is based on the old Vox Repeat Percussion with several updates to reduce noise, enhance the "chop" and add more control. It can create ring mod-like octaves, slow pulses, ping pong delay-like stutters, light blipping through machine gun stutter tremolo and many more wacky sounds!
EarthQuaker Devices (v3)
Hummingbird Repeat Percussion Tremolo V3
Release Date: January 2015
The Hummingbird is a choppy, sawtooth tremolo modeled on the vintage “Repeat Percussion” unit and similar to those found in old Valco and Vox amplifiers. It is capable of producing everything from classic “50’s style” shimmering tremolo to a synthy, delay-like chop that turns your signal into a burst of short pings and on through to near ring modulation speeds. Using the toggle to switch between modes 1 (slow), 2 (mid-tempo) or 3 (fast) and adjusting the Rate and Depth controls will unlock a whole new world of amplitude modulation at your feet. The Rate is also expression pedal accessible to allow instant changes on the fly. Using an expression pedal also opens up the possibility of true random amplitude modulation! In addition to the modulation, the Hummingbird has plenty of clean gain on-tap allowing you to either boost or cut the signal using the level control. If the Depth is turned to zero, the Hummingbird will become a JFET clean boost! The Hummingbird is all-analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time on a gilded cloud in Akron, Ohio.
- (2017-02-03) Hummingbird - Jazzmaster - Counterpoint by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2017-02-03) Hummingbird - Jazzmaster - Lost Chords by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2017-02-03) Hummingbird - Jazzmaster - All Rates by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2017-02-03) Hummingbird - Fender Rhodes - Skyward by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2017-02-03) Hummingbird - Fender Rhodes - Rhodes Of Mystery by EarthQuaker Devices
- (2017-02-03) Hummingbird - Fender Rhodes - Slow Ostinato by EarthQuaker Devices
- Jen PE-404 Repeat Percussion