The compression effect is not as identifiable as the distortion or delay, but when you remove it, it's like you go from color to black & white.
Easy to adjust, intuitive and extremely effective , the Pumpkin pedal is going to open your mind to a new sound dimension.
Associated with a distortion or with an overdrive pedal, the Pumpkin pedal will bring richer tones. Furthermore, notes and chords will have thicker sound textures.
After few seconds of use, you will not wonder anymore why some masters like David Gilmour or Billy Gibbons partly built their sound signatures with compression.
It is an ubiquitous ingredient of Funk music giving to bumps and chords an unique clacking sound.
For the slide (bottleneck style of guitar playing), this is also a pedal which does miracles because it naturally extends the notes allowing you to increase to its maximum the expressivity of the sound.
This list could be exhaustive and go on for ever, but the most important thing is that this is an essential tool for experienced guitar players.
- Robust metal case
- Finishing: complete epoxy painted coating
- Compact pedal shape for a minimum space requirements
- Potentiometer, jacks and switch screwed on the chassis, no weakening of the printed circuit board
- High-quality components and CVA circuit
- Controls: Level, EQ, Comp
- Input: 1/4" (Impedance: 470kΩ)
- Output: 1/4" (Impedance: 1kΩ)
- Current draw: 10mA
- Dimensions: 90x35x35 (mm)
- Weight: 150g
- Power supply: DC 9V (optional)