- The Drive control feeds into the Fuzz control. With the Fuzz turned down the Drive works solely with the Tone, Volts, and Level controls
- The Fuzz control feeds into the Tone and Level controls. With the Drive control turned down you are getting a pure fuzz effect. If the Fuzz control is turned all the way up craziness will occur. If the Drive control is brought up too the Fuzz will saturate and things will get even crazier. Playing with the balance between the Fuzz and Drive controls will will give you many hours of tonal satisfaction.
- The Tone control works with all sections of the Crazy Horse. The Tone control at 12:00 o'clock should give you a neutral effect.
- The Volts control works with the Drive control. Turned fully clockwise, the Drive is getting maximum voltage to the circuit. Turned counter clockwise, the Drive is being starved for voltage (when turning up/down there will be a slight delay for the effect to settle in).
- The Level control limits the output of the effect.
The Durham Electronics Crazy Horse Distortion Pedal- quite possibly the most adaptable distortion/fuzz pedal on the market. Definitely not a one trick pony! Though the inspiration for this pedal came from a legendary tone, it's versatility is endless. The controls required to obtain that classic tone also allow you to get any other tone you may dream up. By adjusting the Volts you can give the pedal the effect of playing on a nearly dead battery- a trick used by several great artists!
- Totally hand built/wired
- Teflon wire throughout
- Switch Craft jacks
- Alpha full size potentiometers
- Brightest Blue LED in the business
- Uses standard negative tip 9V DC supply (not included)
- 2 year warranty
- True Bypass
- Dimensions 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- (2008-08-27) Durham Electronics Crazy Horse Demo by Tone Factor
- (2009-09-22) Durham Electronics CRAZY HORSE guitar effects pedal demo w Gibson Les Paul & Blues Jr amp by Gearmanndude
- (2010-07-08) Durham Electronics Crazy Horse Fuzz Distortion Pedal by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2010-10-11) Durham Electronics Crazy Horse Distortion/Fuzz Test by GlassBuoy
- (2010-10-13) Durham Electronics Crazy Horse Test Demo 01 by GlassBuoy
- (2010-10-13) Durham Electronics Crazy Horse Test Demo 02 by GlassBuoy
- (2013-10-22) Durham Crazy Horse by MusicToyz
- (2014-03-01) Durham Electronics Crazy Horse new 2014 edition demo by Livingroom Demos
- (2015-11-16) Seafoam craziness! #durhamelectronics #crazyhorse #fendergtrlover #tele #twang #fender #guitar #guitarpedals #rockandroll #pedal #tone #vintage #telecaster #reverb #gearphoriaPnW #pedaljunky #pedaloftheday #pedalboard #effects #handwired #tweed by Durham Electronics
- (2016-01-16) @durhamelectronics #alandurham laying it down w by Durham Electronics
- (2016-03-05) #repost @johndoe #Repost @theejohndoe ??? G'mornin rainy SF Saturday. Thanks Alan @durhamelectronics for pedal that makes me feel a little more like John Lee Hooker. #blues #Oglala #Lakota #Sioux @salvagecustom @satelliteamps #rocknroll #xtheband #johnd by Durham Electronics
- (2016-04-29) Misty Moments with Durham Electronics Crazy Horse by Sam Vilo
- (2016-09-20) We are adding some very *brief* videos giving you an overview of each Durham Electronics Pedal. These clips are for Instagram and Facebook. The complete video for each pedal can be found on The Official Durham Electronics YouTube page. We will be adding by Durham Electronics