The Echoplex® EP-3 tape echo unit is famous for its deliciously warm, organic modulation and sweet musical voice—a key component to some of the most iconic guitar tones from the ’60s and ’70s. The original EP-3 units, however, are expensive, temperamental, and larger than a VCR.
That’s where the EP103 Echoplex Delay comes in. It’s the size of a Phase 90, and it delivers the EP-3’s legendary tones with a simple control interface and a hi-fi all-analog dry path. The Delay control sets the time between repeats—from 4 to 750ms—the Sustain control sets the number of repeats, and the Volume control sets the output level of your repeats. Where the sound of this pedal really shines, though, is in Age mode.
By default, your pedal performs as a perfectly-calibrated, factory-fresh tape echo machine would— bright and clear tape with subtle wow and flutter modulation. A quick push of the Volume knob lets you “age” the sound of your repeats, darkening the tone, upping the tape saturation (distortion), and increasing modulation and tape distress as you turn the knob clockwise.
The Echoplex Delay also features tap tempo functionality, for up to 4 seconds of delay time, when you hook up an M199 MXR Tap Tempo Switch. The dry path is all analog with Constant Headroom Technology™—providing a full 20 volts of headroom—and a choice of true relay or trails bypass. The EP103 can be set for 100% wet mode along with stereo input and output modes. No tape cartridges required!
- Vintage Echoplex EP-3 tape echo warmth and modulation
- Age control varies delay tone from pristine to dark and dirty
- 40–750ms of delay time
- (2016-01-28) Dunlop Echoplex Delay Pedal Demo at Namm 2016 by StompboxTV
- (2016-06-27) Summer NAMM 2016: Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay Pedal Demo by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-06-28) Dunlop Echoplex Delay Pedal - Summer NAMM 2016 by The Tone King
- (2016-08-12) Echoplex Delay by Jim Dunlop
- (2016-08-25) MXR Echoplex Delay - Demo by fluff191
- (2016-09-01) Echoplex Delay by Jim Dunlop
- (2016-09-01) Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-09-01) Echoplex® Delay by Jim Dunlop
- (2016-09-01) Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Digital Delay Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2016-09-03) Dunlop - Echoplex by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-09-09) Dunlop Echoplex Demo by guitarworld
- (2016-09-16) Dunlop artist Mark Lettieri of Snarky Puppy with the new Echoplex Delay. by Jim Dunlop
- (2016-09-21) Dunlop Echoplex Delay Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2016-09-23) Jim Dunlop Echoplex EP103 Demo by GuitaristMag
- (2016-09-29) Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay Pedal Demo by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-10-12) Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay MXR (plus vs. Echoplex EP-3 & Belle Epoch) by HigherLandrons
- (2016-10-17) MXR Tap Tempo & Echoplex® Delay by Jim Dunlop
- (2016-10-17) jim dunlop echoplex delay by wildbabydragon
- (2016-11-02) Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay and Preamp by reverbmarket
- (2016-12-03) Dunlop artist Nick Johnston warming up for one of his many Schecter Guitars clinics with the MXR Reverb and Echoplex Delay. by Jim Dunlop
- (2017-01-07) MXR ??? Echoplex Delay EP103 by BuzzbeeTV
- (2017-01-18) Which one's Pink...? The new Russian-Pickle fuzz with Echoplex delay. Come hear it at NAMM Hall C #4568. Available this month! #whe_video #echoplex #mxr #fuzz #russianpickle #namm #namm2017 #wayhuge #wayhugeelectronics #jimdunlop #guitarpedals #effectp by Way Huge