Dr. Scientist would like to teach the whole universe to sing... in perfect harmony. That's probably not going to happen though - he's not even allowed back in this galaxy for another 400 years. So instead, he's decided he'd like to teach your guitar to sing... in perfect harmony... with itself... from space.
The sound effect chorus has a lot in common with the magical awesomeness of space. When one looks to the sky on a clear night, one sees many, many - literally, dozens - of stars, all being seen by one's eyes at the same time, but not all coming from the same place or time. These stars combine into a singular cool-looking thing... space. Now forget about all those boring stars and think about your guitar tone. Now think about many, many - ok, 1024 - instances of your guitar tone, all combining into a singular, cool-sounding thing... the magical awesomeness of... the COSMICHORUS!
In space there's a large number of amazing stars and planets and stuff like that... but that number is nowhere near as big as the number of amazing chorus sounds in a Cosmichorus! All the coolest chorus sounds in the universe - including way off the map and uncharted ones - are in this device...ready to make your guitar sing! The Cosmichorus does it all... from thick and warm and lush to thin and bright and sparkly to intense chorus sounds you aren't going to hear anywhere else on this planet... or other ones.
The Cosmichorus doesn't stop at giving you an incredible array of chorus sounds though... Dr. Scientist insists you have an incredible amount of control over the sounds too!
The GRAVITY control adjusts the depth of the chorus effect, from nearly inaudible to nearly able to upset your stomach. The switch above toggles between the light and dark side... the dark side is warm and thick while the light side is bright... and still thick also.
The DIMENSION control alters the delay time of the special bucket brigade delay chorus chip. With it all the way down the chorus effect is very airy and flanger-like. All the way up and the chorus effect is very dramatic and intense, really deep and spaced out. The switch above removes the dry signal from the mix so you only hear the delayed signal... makes for a neat vibrato sound.
The SPEED knob controls the rate of the effect and the switch above toggles between two overall rate settings, very slow to medium and medium to very fast.
Dr. Scientist knows you need a wild sounding chorus pedal. One that makes really cool and interesting chorus sounds and can go from very subtle to very extreme. And yeah... one with a neat looking LED that glows in time with the chorus effect. One just like... the COSMICHORUS! (MSRP $275)
Cosmichoruses contain multiple delayed instances of your guitar tone, all mixed together to create a heavenly choir, but they measure only 9cm wide by 12cm long by 5cm tall, depending on the knobs. At one point in time the unimaginable bounty of the universe fit into a really small space, so is the Cosmichorus a similarly unexplainable universal phenomenon beyond all comprehension? Well, yeah, probably.
Imagine having to feed a huge choir of a thousand people. You'd need literally dozens of hamburgers plus some juice. But all Cosmichoruses need is regulated 9VDC using the standard BOSS style 2.1mm center negative plug or a 9Volt battery.
Cosmichoruses are true bypass, truly multi-dimensional, and truly hand finished and assembled.
- (2008-08-13) Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus - a review by Wiredup335
- (2008-10-21) Chorus Madness! - Boss DC-2, Maxon CS-9 Pro, Fromel Electronics Lush, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Skreddy Echo by Brian Beyke
- (2008-10-21) Chorus STORM! - Boss DC-2, Maxon CS-9 Pro, Fromel Electronics Lush, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Skreddy Echo by Brian Beyke
- (2008-11-14) Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Reverberator, Empress Super Delay by Kayzer
- (2009-05-03) Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus Version 1 Vs. Version 2 by Kayzer
- (2009-08-03) Dr Scientist Cosmichorus v2 demo by Bobby DeVito by Bobby DeVito
- (2011-02-02) mcspunckle fx and aardvarks dr scientist cosmichorus in the fuzzhugger fx upper! by MagicLawnChair
- (2011-03-26) Dr. Scientist - Cosmichorus V2 by Kayzer
- (2011-08-20) Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus - TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb Guitar Demo by MrExcane
- (2011-10-27) Dr. Scientist The Elements - Tremolessence - Cosmichorus - Guitar Demo by MrExcane
- (2012-06-01) Strymon Timeline - FX LOOP - Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus by Kayzer
- (2012-08-12) Let's Play Dr. Scientist's Cosmichorus V3 (In Stereo!) by Dr. Scientist
- (2012-08-15) Let's Play Dr Scientist's Cosmichorus V3 (Mono, Slow, Clock Settings Demo) by Dr. Scientist
- (2012-08-16) Let's Play Dr Scientist's Cosmichorus V3 (Mono, CV Expression Input) by Dr. Scientist
- (2012-12-16) Dr Scientist Cosmic Chorus guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2013-02-01) Dr. Scientist Sounds Cosmichorus by Prymaxe
- (2013-04-07) Dr Scientist Cosmichorus v3 by JoesPedals1
- (2013-12-22) Dr Scientist Cosmichorus with Creepy Fingers Os Mutantes and ear ad4096 by Rectal Hygienist
- (2013-12-24) Dr S Cosmichorus fun by Rectal Hygienist
- (2014-01-14) Dr Scientist Cosmichorus and Tremolessence with JHS Panther by Rectal Hygienist
- (2014-04-17) Warped vinyl with cosmichorus by Rectal Hygienist
- (2014-07-30) Dr. Scientist BitQuest + Cosmichorus - 'kinda like an organ' setting by Timothy Smith
- Electro-Harmonix Small Clone - Full-Chorus