The second pedal of the TVL (Troy van Leeuwen) series of two, is ready!
The Collaboration between Troy van Leeuwen and Dr. No started after a gig in Amsterdam, were Troy van Leeuwen was playing with Iggy Popâ€™s Post Pop Depression in may 2016. Troy van Leeuwen, (known from the Queens of the Stone Age, Failure, Sweethead, and his recently formed band Gone is Gone), asked Dr. No if he would be interested in doing a project with him.
Totally unprepared for this question, but as a great fan, honored by the request, Dr. No leaves the venue and after missing his last train back, and so a long night stay at the train station, he returned to his laboratory to immediately start to outline the ideas TVL had put in his head.
It wasnâ€™t an easy job to evolve in previous designs and sonic concept and take this to a next level as well as to capture the artist in questionâ€™s DNA and put this all in a guitar pedal.
After a long search and a few prototypes, Dr. No came to the conclusion that Troyâ€™s wish list wasnâ€™t able to fit in one pedal. Soon the idea came to create the whole enquired spectrum of unorthodox tones, in two enclosures and two different concepts. To be honest the signature QOTSA was a guideline as Troy van Leeuwen told Dr. No some of his sonic secrets to capture in this project.
The RAVEN completes the series, that has been developed over the past nine months in collaboration with Queens of the Stone Age member Troy van Leeuwen.
The RAVEN contains a filter and booster effect that can work separately as well as together.
- Functions Filter:
- (RAVEN Skull knob) Capacitor switch for three different ranges.
- â€œQâ€ range potentiometer for filter Q.
- Functions Booster:
- Volume boost knob.
- (2016-09-08) Pretty much rounded up the technical design for Troy van Leeuwen's RAVEN pedal. This is as close as it gets to the QOTSA sound! Next up...cosmetic design. by Dr. No
- (2017-05-07) Noveller #Repost @lipstate with @repostapp ??? Composed entirely on the @squierguitar bass VI using the @way.huge.electronics Saucy Box, @ehx Mel9 & Synth9, Pitchfork, @spruceeffects Sub-Tropic Phase, and @drnoeffects Raven. Laying down the final riff fo by Dr. No
- (2018-03-21) Dr. No Effects "TVL" Raven Boost/Filter by JustNickMusic