“We meat again!” We proudly present the DOD Meatbox (2015).
Answering the call of low frequency freaks everywhere, the DOD Meatbox (2015) is an updated take on the cult favorite Meatbox from the ‘90s. As a bass subharmonic synthesizer and low-end enhancer, the Meatbox can produce a range of sounds from a slight thickening to a full-on, low-end assault! Use the Meatbox on bass guitars, extended-range guitars, synths, even drum machines and push all the air out of any room. If you’re looking for a new way to move your audience, look no further.
More than just a low frequency boost, the DOD Meatbox (2015) can also cut frequencies for tone sculpting as an interactive EQ and even produce distortion depending on where the output level is set.
The DOD Meatbox (2015) offers independent Octave, Output Level, Subharmonic and Low Frequency controls. True bypass allows your tone to remain pristine even when the DOD Meatbox is off. This is a big difference from the original, which would color your bypassed tone. The modern 9V DC power supply input makes the pedal more pedalboard friendly.
- Based on the iconic DOD Meatbox circuit design with updated components
- TRS Output
- True bypass
- 9V DC power supply jack
- Crisp blue status LED
- Lighter aluminum chassis
- Dimensions: 4.68” x 2.63”x 2.25” (L x W x H)
- Weight: ~0.62 lbs. / 0.281 kgs.
- Input: (1) ¼” Instrument
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output: (1) ¼” TRS (Tip = Octave+Sub, Ring = Dry, Sleeve = Ground)
- Chassis: All Metal
- Power Supply: 9V Alkaline Dry Battery; PS0913DC power supply
- (2015-05-21) PedalsAndEffects: DOD MEATBOX Preview by PedalsAndEffects
- (2015-07-01) PedalsAndEffects: DOD Meatbox Reissue by PedalsAndEffects
- (2015-07-06) As you might imagine, it has been extremely difficult to capture the new Meatbox in action since the frequencies it creates are below what most computer speakers can reproduce. Here's a video showing the frequencies created by the Meatbox on a frequency by Digitech
- (2015-07-21) Ryan Bon Jovi. Yes His last name is really Bon Jovi, plays bass with the MEATBOX!!! Sam ash Long Island NY!! by Digitech
- (2015-09-17) Dod Meatbox SubSynth Pedal | Reverb Video Demo by reverbmarket
- (2015-10-09) DOD Meatbox SubSynth pedal reissue demo by RoeyHaviv
- (2016-12-23) 12 Days of Pedals and Effects, Day 10: Meatbox Subsynth by DOD by PedalsAndEffects
1 review, average score of
|2016-11-28||wiendahl||reissue||10/10||really beefs up the low end. use through a good bass amp into a 15" or 18" speaker for best results. Warning: watch out at the highest||settings not to blow your speakers. Turn octave all the way down, output at noon, sub and low at 3/4 full and then gradually increase the|