DOD (press release January 21, 2016)
DigiTech by HARMAN Introduces SHOE Pedals Collaboration, the DOD Looking Glass Overdrive
ANAHEIM, Calif.—At Winter NAMM 2016, HARMAN’S DigiTech is introducing the Looking Glass Overdrive, a collaboration between DigiTech’s DOD and the boutique pedal company SHOE Pedals. The Looking Glass is a sweet and musical drive with a character that works well for any task: lead, rhythm, low-gain, high-gain or even as a tone-shaping boost. This new hybrid of Class-A discrete FETs and asymmetrical clipping is so responsive that it can go from one end of the spectrum to the other with not only a flick of a switch, but with pick attack alone.
“Years ago, I decided to create a really nice overdrive that I actually wanted to play,” said designer Christopher Venter of SHOE Pedals. “After starting with a theory and refining it through extensive play-testing, I concocted the Savior Machine and named it after one of my favorite David Bowie songs. When DOD approached me to collaborate on a new pedal, I decided to revisit my basic overdrive concept and redesign it. The result is the Looking Glass Overdrive, an ultra-responsive Class-A FET design that will give players the satisfaction of feeling like their overdrive rewards their own unique playing style. It’s great for blues, hard rock, indie, experimental music, psychedelic music, shoegaze, alternative, punk and so many other genres.”
Christopher Venter is known for his unique circuits, colorful perspective on classic effects and minimalist design aesthetic, and the Looking Glass delivers in all of these areas. Built for maximum versatility, the Looking Glass’s innovative INPUT FILTER feature allows the player to tame overly bright guitars and interacts with the guitar’s midrange pickups to help cut through the mix without shredding the audience’s ears.
The versatile, yet simple, pre-drive BASS CUT and post-drive TREBLE controls allow players to retain clarity in the mix or dial-in raunchy raw tones as desired, with plenty of output and gain on tap.
Dual gain ranges are selectable on toggle, so the player can control the intensity of overdrive and distortion. A separate HIGH/LOW GAIN SWITCH allows the player to select between a softer overdrive setting and a stiffer, boost compression-oriented higher-headroom setting that can be used as a tone shaping tool or overdrive for higher gain amplifiers. Finely tuned gain ranges provide satisfying feel in the player’s hands.
The Looking Glass is a true bypass pedal, which allows the guitar tone to remain pristine even when the device is off. The power supply input makes it pedalboard-friendly, and it can also be powered by a 9V alkaline dry battery.
The Looking Glass is the best of both worlds. Players are now able to get a sweet sounding, boutique pedal manufactured and supported by DOD, known for its reliability and extensive distribution network, and is backed by a one-year warranty.
The Looking Glass Overdrive will be available for purchase in mid-February 2016, at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of USD $149.95.
- (2016-01-21) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-01-23) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive - NAMM 2016 by AndertonsMusic
- (2016-01-23) NAMM 2016: DigiTech Trio+ and DOD Looking Glass by MusicRadar.com
- (2016-01-23) DIGITECH TRIO+ and Looking Glass - Winter NAMM 2016 by The Tone King
- (2016-01-25) Winter NAMM 2016: DOD Looking Glass Overdrive Pedal Demo by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-01-25) NAMM 2016 - Digitech Looking Glass by guitarworld
- (2016-01-29) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive by DigiTech
- (2016-02-08) DOD (Digitech) Looking Glass Overdrive Pedal Demo @ Namm 2016 by StompboxTV
- (2016-02-28) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive by JustNickMusic
- (2016-02-29) DOD Looking Glass - First Look and Play by SoundTechUK
- (2016-03-02) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive by popintothechemist
- (2016-03-07) DOD Looking Glass w CRüE RIFFS! by The Tone King
- (2016-03-07) NAMM '16 - DigiTech | DOD Trio+ Band Creator/Looper and Looking Glass Overdrive Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2016-03-07) Guitar Paradiso - The DOD Looking Glass Overdrive Pedal by AndertonsMusic
- (2016-03-09) The Looking Glass, Luxe anti chorus And the Polara reverb. Life in the fast lane without a slide!! Left it at my last show.... Sorry Joe!!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-03-28) DOD Looking Glass (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-04-19) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive Pedal | N Stuff Music by NstuffMusic
- (2016-04-22) Let's start this weekend with a Classic!! "Top Jimmy" Van Halen!! Obscura delay, Polara reverb and the looking glass overdrive ???????? by Digitech
- (2016-04-22) Let's hear this DOD Looking Glass overdrive One more time:)) It's in love with fender amp circuits!!?? by Digitech
- (2016-05-21) DOD Looking Glass (OD) - produced Track ONLY! by EytschPi42
- (2016-05-23) Looking Glass on Bass Guitar by Digitech
- (2016-05-26) DOD Looking Glass (OD) - Review by EytschPi42
- (2016-06-03) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive - Review by MusikmesseTV
- (2016-07-12) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive by reverbmarket
- (2016-07-27) Showing Guitars & More in South Jordan Utah the DOD Looking Glass pedal!!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-08-11) Jonni Lightfoot showing the DOD Dist/Fuzz pedals. Carcosa, Gunslinger, Boneshaker, and Looking Glass. (In that order) Enjoy!! by Digitech
- (2016-08-22) DOD Looking Glass Overdrive Pedal | UniqueSquared.com by Uniquesquared
- (2016-08-29) Jonni Lightfoot showing a quick run through of the DOD Looking Glass Overdrive pedal. #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-09-13) Music unlimited in Oklahoma hitting the Looking glass with our 280 compressor!! Gooey funk!! #Dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-09-13) When you hear a p90 through a looking glass drive??????!!! ????? #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-10-12) Digitech DOD Shoe Looking Glass Overdrive Test Dean Cascione by deancascione
- (2016-12-12) Need soloing confidence? Like to practice? So do we:). This will make you stronger in every way?????. Trio + Looking glass overdrive, Obscura delay , Polara reverb... #dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-01-04) DOD Looking Glass overdrive. Great for your main overdrive or add it to another pedal!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-03-30) Digitech Live with the CabDryVR and Looking Glass. by Digitech
- (2017-04-12) DOD Looking Glass, Killer Overdrive for that great Break up to an awesome solo boost!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-05-08) Jonni and Ford together at Guitar Center San Diego. Showing CabDryVR, Looking Glass, FreqOut on guitar and Nautila on Bass!! #dig_it. by Digitech
- (2017-05-17) DOD Looking Glass and DigiTech CabDryVR with the Polara Reverb ran after the CabDryVR. Gets that "amp in a big room sound". #dig_it by Digitech