We found that three was the perfect number of distortion pedals to start with. Each one utilizes DigiTech's® exclusive multi-distortion technology, which gives you a near endless supply of distortion types compared to single distortion pedals found elsewhere.
The three distortion pedals include the Metal Master™ for those who lean strongly towards head-banging for a living, the Hot Rod™ which delivers powerful, but smooth rock distortion, and the Tone Driver™ for guitarists who live for overdrive crunch.
Each distortion stompbox features a huge range of different distortion types that can be morphed into different combinations as you rotate our exclusive Distortion Morph knob. This gives you a near unlimited supply of combinations. Now, you are no longer stuck with only one distortion type in a pedal.
But that's not all. There are two outputs, one for normal signal out, and one that features advanced cabinet modeling for live and recording direct-to-board applications. And instead of the standard stompbox tone controls, we've even incorporated our innovative spectral-contouring EQ, which delivers a far greater tone range than other distortion stompboxes.
- Overdrive morphing
- Spectral-contouring EQ
- Normal & CIT™ Cabinet Modeling outputs
- (2009-03-06) Digitech X Series TONE DRIVER overdrive guitar effects pedal demo w SG & Jaguar Jr amp by Gearmanndude
- (2009-11-05) Day 4 -30 Pedals in 30 Days- Digitech X-Series: Tone Driver, Hot Rod, Metal Master - NAMM 2010 '10 by The Tone King
- (2010-05-21) Digitech Tone Driver Demo with setting by guitareffectors
- (2012-04-16) [????] 1484? Todays Gear Digitech ????? XTD (Tone Driver) by Today's Gear