Introducing a new addition to the DigiTech Whammy Family – Whammy DT! We’ve taken the premier pitch shifting effects pedal added drop tuning and true bypass to bring you the ultimate Whammy pedal, the Whammy DT. With the Whammy DT, you can modify your tuning without having to change guitars or pause awkwardly to make adjustments for the next song. Key changes are at the tips of your toes and take just moments, which is crucial when the audience is feeling your vibe.
Pitch shifting effects really help your guitar performance stand out and the Whammy pedal has been the core pitch shifting effect for famous artists for over 20 years. Now add full drop and raised tuning in addition to classic Whammy shifting to your effects arsenal and find out why the Whammy DT is the premiere pitch shifting effects pedal for every guitarist.
Step down or step up 7 half steps or an entire octave: The Whammy DT gives you the latest pitch shifting technology to retune your guitar without ever touching the tuning pegs. Step up or down in 7 half steps, or an entire octave with just one setting.
Whammy effects capabilities: With all the new tuning capabilities, you still have your true pitch shifting effects to sweeten up all moments of your gig. With over 20 years of leading the market in pitch shifting, Whammy effects give you the comfort of knowing the pedal you are using is a proven winner.
Momentary footswitch for “hammer-on” and “pull-off” effects: You can instantly create hammer-on and pull-off effects during your performance with the momentary footswitch. Hold it on for quick chord shifts or note changes during your solo or a gritty bridge.
- True Polyphonic Pitch Shifting and Whammy effects in a single pedal
- Drop or Raised tuning by 7 half steps or an entire octave
- Classic Whammy voicings
- Momentary footswitch for Hammer-on and Pull-off effects
- True Bypass
- FS3X input for hands-free selection of Whammy and Drop Tune settings
- Classic style rugged metal Whammy chassis
- Durable, road worthy metal footswitches
- MIDI Input
- ¼" Guitar Input
- ¼" Output
- 9V DC Power Adapter included
DigiTech press release
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – HARMAN - DigiTech’s Whammy is one of the most iconic effects pedals ever created and the new Whammy DT adds a host of mind-bending new capabilities including drop tuning, capo tuning, true bypass coupled with the famous Whammy.
The Whammy DT starts with the classic Whammy pitch shifting effects that have made the Whammy one of the most recognizable effects pedals in rock. Featuring an expanded selection of pitch bending capabilities including 9 Whammy bending modes from 2-octaves up through 2-octives down, 9 harmony bending modes, 2 detune modes, and the popular Dive Bomb six octaves down effect.
The Whammy DT also lets guitar and bass players instantly modify their tuning without having to change instruments or break the musical mood with awkward tuning adjustments for the next song. The Whammy DT can drop down or capo up seven half-steps or an entire octave from where the guitar or bass is tuned. Thanks to the Whammy DT’s sophisticated digital signal processing and pitch shifting algorithms, chordal accuracy is perfectly maintained.
In addition, the Whammy DT features a momentary footswitch for real time stepped pitch shifting to create ”Hammer-On” and “Pull-Off” type effects. Players can instantly get a drop or raise in the pitch of the notes they are playing by stepping on and holding the footswitch – then releasing it to return to pitch for a dramatic effect during solos and riffs.
The various effects can be selected via the pedal’s two selector knobs and dual set of LEDs indicators. The Whammy DT includes ¼-inch guitar input and output, a MIDI input that allows control of the pedal from an external MIDI device, and an external 9 volt DC power adapter. The Whammy DT is built to take the demands of live performance, with a rugged all-metal chassis, pedal and footswitch. Its true bypass operation ensures it can be added to any rig without any adverse effect on sound quality, without the “tone suck” of some non-bypass pedals. The Whammy DT can be used with the optional DigiTech FS3X three-button footswitch controller for added expressive capabilities.
“It was no easy task to improve upon a product that has been as successful as the legendary Whammy,” said Rob Urry, Vice President and General Manager of HARMAN Professional Signal Processing Group. “But we feel that we have exceeded this goal by expanding the feature set of the original Whammy with drop tuning and capo tuning capabilities, as well as true bypass operation now available in the Whammy DT.”
- (2011-06-17) The Whammy DT by DigiTech
- (2011-07-13) Digitech Whammy DT in 100 Seconds (Part 3) by docSanchezFX
- (2011-07-14) WhammyDTDemo by DigiTech
- (2011-07-14) WhammyDTUnscripted by DigiTech
- (2011-07-29) Digitech Whammy DT in 100 Seconds (Part 1) by docSanchezFX
- (2011-07-29) Digitech Whammy DT in 100 Seconds (Part 2) by docSanchezFX
- (2011-07-29) Summer NAMM '11 DigiTech Whammy DT and iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-08-04) Digitech Whammy DT Demo by RobChappers
- (2011-08-13) FPE-TV Digitech Whammy DT Pedal - Les Robot by FPE-TV
- (2011-08-29) DigiTech Whammy DT Pedal with Drop Tuning and True Bypass by NstuffMusic
- (2011-09-01) Digitech Whammy DT Demo by AndertonsMusic
- (2011-11-18) DigiTech Whammy DT video review demo Guitarist Magazine HD by GuitaristMag
- (2012-03-27) Digitech Whammy DT (Parte1) by accordoTV
- (2012-03-27) Digitech Whammy DT (Parte 2) by accordoTV
- (2012-03-27) Digitech Whammy DT (Parte 3) by accordoTV
- (2012-08-23) Pedal Review - Digitech Whammy DT Pedal Demo with Jamie Humphries Guitar Interactive Magazine by iguitarmag
- (2013-05-27) Review - Digitech Whammy DT by baxshopnl
- (2013-11-19) Digitech Whammy DT by shnobel
- (2014-10-23) Todaysgear Digitech Whammy DT by Today's Gear
- (2017-05-02) Digitech Whammy DT. So many other pedals are inside (and came from) this awesome pedal. I'm going over them here. #dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-05-05) Digitech Live with the Whammy DT and the Whammy Ricochet #dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-06-28) Whammy DT! So much more than a Whammy pedal!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2011-06-16) The Whammy DT by DigiTech
- (2011-10-25) DigiTech Whammy DT - 2 octave up bend with expression pedal (Gibson SG, bridge pickup) by Premier Guitar
- (2011-10-25) DigiTech Whammy DT - harmony function, 4th to 5th bend. (Fender Strat, all pickups) by Premier Guitar
- (2012-03-28) Pitch Shifting: Multi-Octave Bend ? DigiTech Whammy DT (Gibson SG bridge pickup) by Premier Guitar
- (2012-03-28) Pitch Shifting: Octave Down ? DigiTech Whammy DT (Fender Strat neck pickup) by Premier Guitar