The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard sets a new standard for guitar signal processing. By harnessing the power of the iPad®, it combines the simplicity of a pedalboard with the flexibility of a multi-effects. The iPB-10 unleashes the ability to create and control guitar effects like never before.
The iPB-10 allows you to create your ultimate pedalboard, all on your iPad. Design a pedalboard by simply dragging and dropping up to 10 different pedals, in any order, to each pedalboard. You can even add an amp and cabinet to each setup. With 87 different pedals, 54 amps, and 26 cabinets to choose from, your options are virtually unlimited. Simply swipe your finger across the iPad to rearrange your pedals, turn them on and off, or to adjust their knobs.
Traditional multi-effects have given you the flexibility to change the entire configuration of your signal chain with a single footswitch. The iPB-10 brings the concept of presets to a pedalboard. This allows you to save 100 of your favorite pedalboards with the touch or your finger, and instantly recall them with the stomp of your foot. You can have a different pedalboard for each gig, set, song, or even switch pedalboards within a song.
Once you experience the flexibility of the iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard with its drag and drop design, you will change the way you think about guitar effects forever.
iPB-Nexus App for iPad
The iPB-Nexus app is the perfect way to build and control your pedalboard. Using the simple and intuitive touch screen controls of the iPad, iPB-Nexus makes designing your setup for the iPB-10 Programmable Pedal board easy. Add, arrange, and adjust your pedals with a few simple gestures of your finger.
Drag and Drop Pedalboard Builder
The iPB-Nexus app for the iPad gives you touch screen control of your pedals, amps, and cabinets. Simply drag and drop your choice of 87 different pedals to your pedalboard. Select an amp and a cabinet to make your setup complete. Using the iPB-Nexus app to control your iPB-10, it’s never been easier to explore your tone and find just the right sound.
My Tones Library
The iPB-Nexus app includes the My Tones library where you store, organize, and rate all your favorite presets. My Tones allows you to store an unlimited number of presets and group them any way you want. For example, you can make preset lists for certain sets or specific music genres. This makes setting up before a show a snap. With My Tones, you can have a different pedalboard for each gig, set, song, or even switch pedalboards within a song.
Real-Time Pedalboard View
Running the iPB-Nexus app on the iPad offers a stunningly clear display of your entire pedalboard. You get a real-time view of your pedals, amp, and cabinet. You can easily and quickly see if a pedal is on or off, where its knobs are set, and which footswitch it is assigned to. With the iPB-Nexus real-time pedalboard view, you can take your mind off your gear and focus on your sound, the crowd, and your performance.
iPB-10 Rear Panel Features
- 1/4” guitar input
- 1/4" amp loop with ground lift switch
- 1/4" effects loop
- Stereo 1/4" line output with Amp/Mixer switch
- Output level
- Stereo XLR outputs with ground lift switch
- 1/8” headphone output
- 1/4" external footswitch control
- USB port for audio streaming
- DC power input
- Power switch
DigiTech press release
DigiTech® Introduces the iPB-10 – the World’s First Programmable Pedalboard Using the iPad®
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah –DigiTech today announced the introduction of its iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard, the world’s first programmable pedalboard using the Apple® iPad®. By harnessing the power of the iPad, the iPB-10 combines the simplicity of a pedalboard with the flexibility of a multi-effect system.
“We created the Guitar Multi-Effects product category over 20 years ago with the release of the DigiTech RP1,” said Rob Urry, V.P. Harman Professional Division & G.M. of Signal Processing and Amplifier Business Units. “By introducing the concept of presets to a pedalboard operating paradigm with the iPB-10, we have created an entirely new product category, the Programmable Pedal Board.” Urry continued.
In conjunction with the iPB-10, DigiTech also announced the introduction of the iPB-Nexus app for iPad. This app gives guitar players drag and drop pedalboard design functionality. It also includes the My Tones library where users can store and organize presets. Also included is a real-time performance view where users can see each pedal and its settings.
Together, the iPB-10 and iPB-Nexus allow guitar players to design their ultimate pedalboard. Users can drag and drop up to 10 different pedals, in any order, to each pedalboard, and can even add an amp and cabinet to complete each setup. With 87 different pedals, 54 amps, and 26 cabinets to choose from, the number of different guitar tones users can create is virtually unlimited. By using the touch gestures of the iPad, guitar players can rearrange the pedals in their signal chain, turn them on and off, or to adjust their settings. The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard allows users to save their setups with the touch of a finger, and instantly recall them with the stomp of a foot. Now, guitar players can have a different pedalboard for each gig, set, song, or even switch pedalboards within a song.
The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard is not simply a dock for the iPad. It uses multiple Audio DNA2™ processors within the unit to provide users with no-latency, high-definition signal processing.
“With the ultra-secure iPad mounting system and the no-latency, high-def processing, we have brought the power and infrastructure of the iPad to bear in live performance situations.” said Urry. “You can count on seeing a long line of enhancements and features available in future upgrades via the Apple App Store.” Urry added.
The iPB-10 is compatible with all models of iPad2 and iPad.
The DigiTech iPB-10 will begin shipping in June 2011 at $699.95 suggested retail price and $499.95 US MAP. The iPB-Nexus app for iPad will be a free app available for download from the App Store.
- (2011-06-16) The Simplicity of a Pedalboard with the Flexibility of a Multi-Effects. The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard by Digitech
- (2011-07-11) The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard sets a new standard for guitar signal processing. By harnessing the power of the iPad®, it combines the simplicity of a pedalboard with the flexibility of a multi-effects. The iPB-10 unleashes the ability to create and c by Digitech
- (2011-07-11) iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard by DigiTech
- (2011-07-20) Digitech iPB-10 first look video by MusicRadar.com
- (2011-07-22) This is a quick demonstration of how to change the iPad tray in the DigiTech iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard. You can change the tray to fit iPad 1st generation or iPad 2nd generation. Additional trays, for future generations of iPad will be available as n by Digitech
- (2011-07-26) DigiTech IPB-10 - Summer NAMM 2011 by Harmony-Central
- (2011-07-29) Summer NAMM '11 DigiTech Whammy DT and iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-08-02) Take a tour of the new iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard by DigiTech by Digitech
- (2011-09-28) Digitech iPB-10 präsentiert von Ralf Jung by SessionMusicTV
- (2011-10-27) Digitech iPB-10 iPad Powered Pedal Board by sonicstate
- (2011-11-03) ????2011????????????iPB-10? by musicmasterjp
- (2011-11-18) DigiTech iPB-10 video review demo Guitarist Magazine HD by GuitaristMag
- (2011-12-01) DigiTech iPB-10 Basic "Front Panel" Editing Demo by Harmony-Central
- (2012-01-02) DigiTech IPB-10. by JamStageCz
- (2012-03-29) Digitech iPB-10 Programmable Pedal Board by guitarworld
- (2012-12-28) ?????????????????iPB-10?????????? by digimartnet
- (2011-08-24) DigiTech iPB-10 - Woman Tone, Les Paul by Premier Guitar
- (2011-08-24) DigiTech iPB-10 - Cliff Notes: Strat, Eric Johnson Patch by Premier Guitar
- (2011-08-24) DigiTech iPB-10 - Clean. Using volume pedal with Richmond Dorchester guitar by Premier Guitar