DigiTech press release (January 18, 2012)
DigiTech Introduces The iStomp: The World’s First Effects Pedal That Can Be Programmed With Any Sound
ANAHEIM, California – HARMAN’s DigiTech today announced the introduction of the iStomp pedal, an entirely new concept in guitar stompboxes that allows musicians to program the effect pedal with any sound they want – and change it at any time. Offering almost limitless sonic possibilities, the iStomp connects to an iPod TouchÆ, iPhoneÆ, or iPadÆ enabling musicians to load the effect of their choice into the iStomp.
“The iStomp ushers in a new era in effects pedal functionality,” said Rob Urry, vice president, HARMAN Professional Division and general manager of Signal Processing and Amplifier Business Units. “Until now, guitarists and musicians had to buy a separate pedal for each effect they wanted and a separate pedal for different tones of the same effect. Now, musicians can buy an iStomp and configure an effect exactly the way they want, and later, they can simply download a different tone of that same effect or download an entirely different effect if they want to try something new.”
The iStomp pedal connects to an Apple iOS device using the DigiTech Smart Cable that comes with the iStomp. Once connected, the DigiTech Stomp Shop provides two of the most popular requested effects, the DigiTech Total Recall Delay and the DigiTech Redline Overdrive with the initial purchase. The app also offers access to additional effects that iStomp owners can browse, try out, and purchase for their stompbox. The iStomp pedal has four knobs to control effects parameters, which change their function according to which effect is loaded.
iStomp makes trying out new sounds easier than ever. Instead of having to go to a music store or look for online demos that might have been done with unfamiliar gear, a guitarist can try any pedal in the iStomp online store for free for up to 10 minutes – in their own home, using their own guitar and amp. Approximately 24 pedals will be offered initially, and the selection will expand to include exclusive pedals from DigiTech, officially licensed pedals from other manufacturers and classic legacy DigiTech and DOD products.
Every musician wants to create his or her signature sound, and many buy, sell and trade pedals constantly in their quest for the ultimate tone. With iStomp, users simply pay the cost of a download if they want to get something new. Multiple iStomp pedals can be authorized to the same iTunes account, allowing customers to purchase an effect once from the in-app store, and then load it into any iStomp pedal registered to them. All purchases are saved within the app, making it easy to build up a wide ranging effects collection.
The DigiTech iStomp will begin shipping in January 2012 at $229.95 suggested retail. The iStomp pedal comes with an iOS authorization cable, power supply and the two initial downloads. Additional downloads are available for $4.99 to $19.99 each.
- (2012-01-18) Introducing the DigiTech iStomp by DigiTech
- (2012-01-20) ???????2012NAMM Digitech iStomp by IKEBEchannel
- (2012-01-20) NAMM 2012 - Digitech iStomp by guitarworld
- (2012-01-21) NAMM 2012 - Digitech iStomp by Harmony-Central
- (2012-01-22) NAMM '12 - DigiTech iStomp and Stomp Shop Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2012-01-22) Sweetwater at Winter NAMM 2012 - Digitech iStomp Overview by Sweetwater Sound
- (2012-02-12) Digitech iStomp part 1 by ilovenoise
- (2012-02-13) DigiTech iStomp Demo by DigiTech
- (2012-02-26) Digitech iStomp Effects Pedal Demo by RobChappers
- (2012-03-01) DigiTech iStomp by SoundTechUK
- (2012-03-09) Digitech iStomp Guitar Effects Pedal with iPhone app Review by Gearmanndude
- (2012-03-10) Digitech iStomp Total Recall Delay by ilovenoise
- (2012-03-15) Introducing the DigiTech iStomp by World Music Supply
- (2012-03-27) iStomp at MusicMesse in Frankfurt, Germany by DigiTech
- (2012-04-01) Digitech Istomp by UpsizingGear
- (2012-04-08) ??????DigiTech iStomp?????? ??????? by Chuya Online
- (2012-05-12) Digitech iStomp by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2012-05-20) iStomp peldal - Digitech - AES Brasil Expo 2012 by Overdubbingnews
- (2012-06-27) iStomp Review from Guitar World Magazine by DigiTech
- (2012-07-16) Digitech iStomp "Gonkulator" Ring Modulator with Distortion by ilovenoise
- (2012-07-25) Fuzzy and Red Compressor iStomp e-pedal Demonstration by DigiTech
- (2012-08-08) DigiTech-iStomp by DigiTech
- (2012-08-10) DOD FX69 Grunge e-pedal for iStomp by DigiTech
- (2012-10-05) DigiTech iStomp Effektgerät im Test auf musikmachen.de by musikmachenDE
- (2012-10-18) Digitech iStomp Guitar Effects Stompbox by Gear4music
- (2012-11-20) Digitech iStomp - can be any pedal you like by sonicstate
- (2012-12-21) iStomp by Digitech : 30 Pedals in 30 Days 2012 : DAY 21 Downloadable Pedal by The Tone King
- (2013-01-29) Adrian Belew on His Impossible Pedal (DigiTech iStomp) @ NAMM 2013 by GuitarPlayer
- (2013-03-11) DigiTech iStomp and Stomp Shop app by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2013-06-10) Review - Digitech iStomp by baxshopnl
- (2014-12-06) "Barren" using Digitech RP360XP and Digitech iStomp by ImageRiver
- (2015-09-10) Digitech I Stomp Review by William Robertson
- (2015-11-26) DigiTech iStomp Effektgerät im Test by musikmachenDE