DigiTech (press release April 5, 2016)
DigiTech by HARMAN Announces the Dirty Robot Mini-Synth Pedal at Prolight + Sound 2016
The DigiTech Dirty Robot Mini-Synth is an industrial-strength effects pedal that will transform any guitar or bass riff into a booty shakin’ machine.
PL+S 2016, FRANKFURT—DigiTech by HARMAN today introduced the Dirty Robot Stereo Mini-Synth effect pedal that’s designed for the selective guitarist or bassist who demands the highest quality effects in a compact package. The latest in unique, feature-heavy pedals, the Dirty Robot features a staggering seven controls and two different, selectable synth voices: straight envelope-style synthesis (V1) or vocal formant synthesis (V2). Other distinguishing features include true bypass, which allows the guitar tone to remain pristine even when the device is off. A huge variety of cyborg sounds can now come to life with the simple spin of a knob.
“We designed the Dirty Robot to provide guitarists or bassists with a slew of synth effects in a small footprint. The Dirty Robot is a worthy successor to the Synth Wah, but it also has some great new features that players will dig,” said Tom Cram, Marketing Manager, DigiTech, HARMAN Professional Solutions. “In addition to the obvious glut of concentric controls we are also introducing our new Drift Knob that allows you to blend Square Wave with Sub and Octave sounds for even more variety.”
To maximize tweakability, a concentric potentiometer features two knobs for MIX/MOD control. The inner MIX knob controls the amount of effect added to the dry (unprocessed) signal. Turning the knob clockwise adds more effect, whereas turning the knob counterclockwise decreases effect. The outer MOD knob adds chorus modulation to the synth signal for classic thickening.
The Dirty Robot’s unique, momentary vibrato allows the effect to be available to the player on-demand via the footswitch. When depressed, the synth signal will modulate with vibrato much like a mod wheel on a keyboard synth, great for emphasizing specific notes or building crescendos. When the footswitch is released, the active/green LED will change to red and the vibrato will stop.
A Drift Knob rotates a full 360 to control morphing between sub, octave and square waveforms. The inner sensitivity knob on the concentric potentiometer sets the trigger sensitivity for synth sweep. Higher settings increase the sensitivity making it easier to trigger the sweep. The outer time knob sets the time for the sweep between the points set with the start and stop knobs, allowing the player to fully customize the synth sweep effect.
The Dirty Robot comes with an included StompLock™, which keeps the settings where the player desires, as well as a pedalboard hook-and-loop pad, designed to attach to surfaces found on most commercial pedalboards.
The Dirty Robot Stereo Mini-Synth pedal will be available in April 2016 at $187.44 MSRP.
The Dirty Robot is a unique synthesizer emulation pedal for guitar and bass. Two different synth voices are at your disposal for creating wild sound textures using a standard guitar or bass without the need for any special pickup. V1 gives you warm analog synthesis with subtle to extreme envelope sweeps just like classic synths from the undefined’s and 80s. V2 provides a vocal formant synthesis effect that can be used for vocoder emulation or talk box style effects. Using the Dirty Robot’s exclusive 360 degrees Drift knob, you can blend between Square, Octave, and Sub synthesis soundscapes. The built-in chorus and vibrato effects give Dirty Robot unparalleled versatility and make having one the next best thing to putting an actual guitar synth on your pedalboard.
The Dirty Robot’s effects are complimented by stereo ¼” inputs and outputs for routing flexibility, constant high voltage rails, a bi-color status LED indicator and true bypass circuitry. With its compact size, vacuum-style footswitch and striking graphics the Dirty Robot furthers DigiTech’s evolution in pedal design.
The Dirty Robot uses a 9VDC power supply to easily integrate into your existing pedalboard.
- Two voices, Synth and Vocal Formant
- Drift Knob blends Square Wave with Octave and Sub
- 3 concentric knobs give you tons of control in a small form factor
- Momentary switch to access virtual “mod wheel”
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- True bypass
- Custom-cut Hook and Loop Pedalboard Pad
- Controls: Mix, Modulation, Drift, Start, Stop, Sensitivity, Time, Effect on/off Footswitch
- Indicators: Effect on/off LED
- Inputs: 2 x ¼” instrument
- Input Impedance: Effect on: >1 MΩ (stereo), >500 kΩ (mono); Effect off: >1 MΩ (stereo), >500 kΩ (mono); Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Outputs: 2 x ¼” instrument
- Output Impedance: Effect on: 1 kΩ; Effect off: 1 kΩ; Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Power Requirements: 9 VDC external power supply (required)
- Power Consumption: 675 mW (< 75 mA @ 9 VDC)
- Current Draw: 75 mA (typical at 9 VDC)
- Power Supply Model: PS0913DC-01 (US, JA, EU); PS0913DC-02 (AU, UK)
- Power Supply Output: 9 VDC 1.3 A
- Dimensions: 4.40” (L) x 2.65” (W) x 2.0” (H); 11.18cm (L) x 6.73cm (W) x 5.08cm (H)
- Weight: 1 lb; 0.453 kg
- (2016-04-02) Reminds me of Gary Numan. #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-04-04) Digitech Dirty Robot by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-04-12) Digitech Dirty Robot Mini Synth Pedal at Frankfurt Musikmesse 2016 by StompboxTV
- (2016-04-13) Gettin down with the Dirty Robot pedal!! It makes your guitar into a funky, insane Booty shaking, robot machine???? by Digitech
- (2016-04-13) Dirty. by Digitech
- (2016-04-15) DigiTech DirtyRobot Synth Effects Pedal Demo by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-04-25) I am Cornholio from Planet Quagmar!! Use the Dirty Robot :) by Digitech
- (2016-04-26) Attention Digitech!!! You must give me my Dirty Robot or face extinction!! by Digitech
- (2016-04-26) DigiTech Dirty Robot (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-04-26) DigiTech Dirty Robot Stereo Mini-Synth Pedal by JustNickMusic
- (2016-05-19) DigiTech Dirty Robot Mini-Synth Pedal by reverbmarket
- (2016-05-30) Digitech DIRTY ROBOT - Review by EytschPi42
- (2016-07-22) Jonni Lightfoot showing us what the Dirty Robot sounds like on bass by Digitech
- (2016-08-08) Dirty Robot for lunch?!? UniqueSquared.com #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-08-15) Jonni Lightfoot Dirty Robot Riffing! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-09-18) Digitech - Dirty Robot by Kayzer
- (2016-09-27) The DigiTech Dirty Robot is THE solution for players looking for a compact and extremely powerful synthesizer in pedal form. http://proguitarshop.com/digitech-dirty-robot.html by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-11-02) Getting the syfy on with the DigiTech "Dirty Robot" ? pick one up at your favorite authorized DigiTech dealer!!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2016-12-27) After Christmas pedals??? Check out The Dirty Robot!!! ??#dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-02-07) DigiTech Dirty Robot Stereo Mini Synth Guitar Bass Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2017-02-23) Feeling uninspired then pick up a Digitech Dirty Robot ??. The cool riffs will start flying off your fingertips!! #dig_it by Digitech
- (2017-03-06) Digitech Dirty Robot & Pavel Marcel by JamStageCz
- (2017-04-17) Digitech Dirty Robot Stereo Mini-Synth Pedal - Review by baxshopnl
- (2017-06-27) DigiTech: DirtyRobot Stereo Mini-Synth Pedal by Burgerman666
- (2017-07-05) Digitech Dirty Robot on Bass. #dig_it by Digitech