-- DigiTech and the Creators of the Popular Comic Book/Music Series Team Up to Bring the Sounds of Eternal Descent Main Character Lyra to Life --
ANAHEIM, California – Eternal Descent is a comic book and music series unlike any other – and so is the new Eternal Descent Lyra, a limited edition multi-effects pedal that brings the sound of the globally popular series to guitarists everywhere.
Eternal Descent is a cross-genre story that blends elements of fantasy, action, music, superhero, gothic, science fiction, supernatural and other elements into an ongoing saga featuring Lyra, the series’ heroine. Lyra is a rock singer who is quick-witted, beautiful, talented, has attitude to spare – and is immersed in a battle with demons both internal and awaiting her at every turn.
Music is integral to Eternal Descent. Created by writer Llexi Leon, the comics revolve around the exploits of Lyra and her band, Constellation Nine, and rock and metal bands like Static X, Atreyu, Firewind, Shadows Fall and others have made guest appearances. A series of albums have been released that bring the comic to life with music created specifically for the series.
Featuring the Eternal Descent logo, distinctive Lyra graphic and a dark metallic purple finish, the DigiTech Lyra delivers the signature tones, sounds and effects that legendary producer/engineer Eddie Kramer (Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Kiss and others) and his team used to record the Eternal Descent albums. Seven preset tones, from clean to moderate overdrive to crushing distortion are available that match seven songs from the albums.
Each preset tone can be further modified by the Lyra’s Gain and FX Mix knobs. When the knobs are in the 12 o’clock position, the sound matches the sound of the actual song. Turning the Gain knob left or right increases or decreases the amount of amp/distortion gain, while turning the FX Mix knob left or right increases or decreases the amount of the modulation, delay and reverb effects for each of the seven presets. A Level knob controls the output volume. The pedal has mono and stereo outputs and can be powered by a 9V battery or the included AC power supply.
- 7 Signature tones from Eternal Descent sessions
- Controls for Level, Gain, FX Mix and Lyra
- Mono or Stereo Outputs
- Custom Eternal Descent Artwork
- Rugged cast-metal chassis
- Includes PS200R power supply
Modes: The Lyra knob selects one of seven tones taken from songs of the Eternal Descent soundtrack:
- "Crystal Cascade" - A shimmering clean tone laden with repeats. "Memories flooding back, moments lost in time, echo in eternity."
- "The Morass" - An eerie tone with a touch of dirt and a swirling phase. "Distant melodies come bubbling from the black mire."
- "Ethereal Entity" - A saturated lead tone with a slow attack and reverse delay. "The voices of the damned are calling."
- "Divine Lead" - A soaring rock lead with an octave effect. "An aria of the angels"
- "Lyra's Lightning" - A super-charged lead tone with delay. "Lyra's signature shred attack."
- "Dark Blues" - A smooth tweed tone with a plate reverb. "On tour with Constellation 9"
- "Crushing Chaos" - A nightmare of heavy gain and extreme phase shifting. "Machinations of a madman."