Devi Ever (October 2, 2010)
At its lowest gain setting, the RUBY acts as a beautiful treble booster that adds grit and sparkle to even the darkest of pickup combinations.
As you crank the RUBY, the grit turns into hardened sand turns into shattering glass, when pumped through one's ears, will obviously lead to intense bleeding.
The boost, dirt, and then insane fuzz's characteristics change as you increase the intensity, giving you an incredible range of strange tones to play with.
The best part of the RUBY is how beautiful your guitar sounds as you roll back on your guitar's volume, smoothing out the grit and letting the steel sparkle of your axe shine through.
I am building a limited run of 100 RUBY's with this particular artwork and configuration. I have not decided what the future of the RUBY will be, so take this opportunity to own a unique sounding distortion while you can.
I wanted to destroy something beautiful.
- Volume knob : Controls the outbound gain of the fuzz circuit, and there is a lot of gain on tap. Use it loud to push an amp into overdrive or boost lead parts. Be careful though, it can get very loud on an amp with lots of head room!
- Intensity knob : Controls the amount of forward signal going into the fuzz circuit. This control acts similarly to the sustain, or drive knob, on other dirt boxes.
- true bypass
- MXR sized enclosure
- boutique quality components
- incredibly low mA draw
- silicon transistor based
- 9 volt, 2.1 mm, negative tip power jack
- 9 volt battery snap inside (unscrew the back plate)