This is a handmade clone of the Shin-ei FY-2 Companion Fuzz built from the original schematic for this rare vintage fuzz. However, I have added a tone control that adds an amazing amount of flexibility to one of the most famous fuzzes of all time. And I've made a small but important mod that overcomes the lack of volume boost that hampered the original circuit. Plus you have the option of using a 9V battery or using a power supply with a standard 2.1mm Boss style jack.
It is the ultimate 60's buzzsaw, raunchy fuzz. So dirty, you'll feel like you need to take a shower after you play it. Nothing subtle about this one. A lot of boost to your signal when it's cranked up too. Also very similar circuit to the Univox Superfuzz; they may have even come out of the same factory in Japan.
And no, this does not clean up well when you roll back your guitar volume. It is a classic 60's fuzz. If you want it clean, you turn it off!
This is completely obsolete and they are pretty rare and hard to find. Occasionally you will see an original on ebay, but they are hit or miss and go for $300 to $800 depending on condition.
The nice thing about this one is that in addition to saving some money, you get more reliability and true bypass switching. I have also fixed the problem that the originals had in that there wasn't much more than unity gain with the volume maxed. A lot to people took to putting a booster after this in their signal chain. With this pedal, there is lots of boost and you won't need to worry about that.
One volume knob, one fuzz knob and one tone knob. Hand painted copper hammertone pro quality enclosure.
- Shin-Ei Companion FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Avora FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Companion FY-2 Fuzz Box
- J.H. Experience FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Jax FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Kimbara FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Peak Bell-2 Fuzz Tone Box
- Tele-Star FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Tempo TR-2 Fuzz
- Thomas FY-2 Fuzz Box
- Zenta FY-2 Fuzz Box
- AXS Effects Foxy Fuzz (copy)
- Ben Adrian Fuzzy Bunny (copy)
- DB Design FY-2 Fuzz (copy)
- Myrtle Pedals All Seeing Ei (copy)
- REDesign Black Fuzz (copy)
- DB Design Beelzebub (FY-2 + Scrambler)
- Fredric Effects Super Unpleasant Companion
- Fredric Effects Unpleasant Companion
- General Guitar Gadgets Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz Replica
- Ghost Effects Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz FY-2
- Pigeon FX Companion
- Pigeon FX Companion FY-2 Fuzz
- Smitty Pedals Bass Compadre
- Smitty Pedals Compadre
- SolidGoldFX Sasori
- Traves Sludge - Fuzz
- Tym Guitars Fuzzilla
- Wattson Classic Electronics Fuzz FY-2